What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

lowfat

Staff member
That's bizarre.... was it pre-covid the last time or is this something new?

I wonder if it's a counterfeit part thing.... they discover that a particular part they're selling is counterfeit and pro-actively get the shipper to RMA it before it gets to you? It's obviously something being initiated by Amazon otherwise the refund wouldn't automatically be part of it....
It was a long while ago. Probably last year some time.

Well it was a cable by 'Fasgear'. So I don't think i'd worry about counterfeit. :D

Whatever, I'm not all that mad. The Prime Cables ones were cheaper and look a lot nicer. I'll just need to wait another week or so.

Lysrin

My ladies here wanted to try some gardening. Cedar lumber for a raised bed seemed out of stock everywhere so we bought this. Nice size to try some things:

IMG_20200525_195159.jpg

And this I bought a while back but took ages to get here. Knife from the EDC group on Drop :)

IMG_20200526_081542.jpg

FreeKnight

Ryobi Electric Pressure washer and a new borescope to help with running CAT6 in the house. Should be useful for pipeline inspection too (which, in theory, is my actual job most of the time, but I keep getting white collar options ;D )

Had a cheap wifi borescope from amazon but it won't work with my phone or computer anymore and the company stopped making android updates or the pc software available on their site :mad:

ipaine

Picked up this book. Well pre-ordered it, sort of. I mean I got the pdf copy right away but the hardcover will take a bit.

Lysrin

Nice! Seems like a decent price too. Does that have ThinkPad style keyboard keys or something different?

sswilson

Staff member
MS Surface 3 Pro
What specifically did you hate about it?

I've never used one, but just looking at it in costco it always struck me as a tablet that was trying wayyyy to hard to be a laptop. The keyboard alone never looked like something that would be a pleasant experience.

(and yeah.... I looked at that link over on RFD a few times myself.... :) ).

Latest posts

Twitter