What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

lowfat

Staff member
What specifically did you hate about it?

I've never used one, but just looking at it in costco it always struck me as a tablet that was trying wayyyy to hard to be a laptop. The keyboard alone never looked like something that would be a pleasant experience.

(and yeah.... I looked at that link over on RFD a few times myself.... :) ).
Windows tablets are IMO mostly useless. You can't really use the Surface on your lap. The IGP has always been mostly useless. Plus the fact that it's just slow.

Izerous

Folding Team
The pevious laptop I had for my wife was an intel ultrabook but it was a developer sample so a replacement battery seems impossible to find. I did grab a used surface 2 and yeah not once has she used it as a tablet I don't think. Most of what she does can be done on her phone but somethings are just easier with a larger screen and a keyboard.

My oldest uses it for video conferencing with her class to do reading etc, she does more video conferencing than I do and she is only in grade 1. So it is good for that kind of thing but looking up the price of a new surface 2 no way for how it gets used would I consider it at new pricing it isn't worth that.

FreeKnight

I actually really like my Surface Pro (2018). It's still a touch smaller than I'd like, but it's light and a fully fledged laptop. It's really a laptop for travelers though, not a desktop replacement. But when I've got to go to a head office in Calgary for a few days or a site in the middlle of nowhere, it's handy and quick to packup, does a decent enough job at MS Office and lets me have a quick way to watch movies in a hotel room.

The keyboard's ok. They've improved a lot from the original Surface and Surface 2, but it's certainly not a mechanical keyboard or anything. The trackpads are still a little weak IMO, but I always have a small mouse in the laptop bag.

They're definitely a 'YRMV' product though, and if I didn't have a proper PC at home, I'd need a more traditional laptop.

Mr. Friendly

not quite a purchase...but traded my NiB Optoma HD27e for AudioQuest Nighthawk Carbon headphones plus cash to me.

looking fwd to trying these out. :)

BrainEater

I just bought 3 Motorola XPR 3500e "walkie talkies" for skiing !!
Don't call em that. They are 2-way radios.

-----

IP67 waterproof, full digital/analog, -30c operation rated...Bluetooth/wifi connectable..... Ski patrols would be jealous.
I had to get a license.....(4 watt xmitt)

Range is 25 (real not 'consumer' ) miles.

:cool:

FreeKnight

Shield TV Pro. Actually got a CCC alert it dropped $2 below what I had tracked (basically retail) so I snapped one up right away since they keep getting cleaned out as soon as they're in stock.
Since RBC had that Avion promo and I redeemed a ton of points for amazon gift cards it didn't cost me anything either :D (technically)

Supergrover

Since my AMD wraith I ordered has officially been MIA in the mail. Broke down and picked up one of these,
stock heatsink for this 3600x is super annoying sick of listening to the thing wind up and down.

lowfat

Staff member
Since my AMD wraith I ordered has officially been MIA in the mail. Broke down and picked up one of these,
stock heatsink for this 3600x is super annoying sick of listening to the thing wind up and down.
Is it mostly the same as the Wraith Ripper HSF? Looks very similar.

Latest posts

Twitter