What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
One of the 32" QHD monitors lowfat pointed out in another thread....

Going to return the 27" 1080p Asus I grabbed for portrait mode pinball and throw this in it's place. Not only will this allow me to use the native res, it'll also be a good fit if I ever do decide to try building a cabinet.

thats a good deal actually anyone find similar but curved? wife wants a monitor for home office but wants it curved.

supaflyx3

2ds xl & 128gb SD card, and a couple blink cameras since I cant setup a proper camera system in my current house 😒

Shadowarez

Folding Team
A Mini itx max G5 clone SFF case for wife's office build it'll be fun as we are android ppls and every other member of her family is a Sheeple 🤣

JD

Staff member
Canon EOS RP w/ 24-240mm kit lens along with the EF to RF adapter. I haven't really taken many pictures since all the COVID-19 stuff, but it's something I'd like to get back into and new gear will make it more enticing :D

Seemed to be the cheapest way to move into full frame and I can still use my current EF-S lenses along with my EF 24-105mm f4L. The new R5 and R6 look amazing, but I won't be able to sell myself on the $4k+ price tag. And really, it's actually "cheaper" than my 80D which was $1599 back in 2016 for just the body alone. This kit was $1699 + $129 for the lens adapter. (yes, I'm still selling myself on it...)

I had bought a Sony A6000 too back in 2015, but I couldn't really adapt to how it operates. It's still nice for a compact camera, but I usually can't be bothered to fuss with the settings since it's not intuitive to use. I guess I'm just accustomed to Canon, thus why I bought the 80D (to upgrade my 60D) in 2016. This EOS RP will hopefully be sort of a middle ground, smaller/lighter body, big-ish lens.

Who knows, might end up getting a newer Sony Alpha too if they release a more value oriented E-mount body with some actual changes...

JD

Staff member
Adding to my dumb purchases will be the UDM Pro as well :rolleyes:

With the nail in the coffin for UniFi Video set for January, the CloudKey G2 Plus being $265, figured I might as well go for the whole shebang. The UXG Pro price is just absurd, less RAM than the UDM, less ports, yet costs more. Might just start with using the UDM only for Protect (NVR) until the routing side matures some more, but we'll see. I know I won't be able to get Bell TV working through it until they allow IGMP Proxy and more advanced configuration, but I'll probably virtualize pfSense for that.