What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

lowfat

Staff member
A $20 16GB Optane m.2 drive. Hoping to use it in a Z170 for a ZFS SLOG. Intel says they don't. Internet vaguely says they won't work in Z170. But they work in Ryzen so why wouldn't they? I guess we will see when it shows up.

Well, guess Intel is full of it, and they'll work in any system that supports NVMe.

Izerous

Folding Team
RAM :)

15989149990453637527523674798849.jpg

Also I think there is just enough room to run tubing if I was able to find 4 waterblocks.

Entz

A $20 16GB Optane m.2 drive. Hoping to use it in a Z170 for a ZFS SLOG. Intel says they don't work. Internet vaguely says they won't work in Z170. But they work in Ryzen so why wouldn't they? I guess we will see when it shows up.

Well, guess Intel is full of it, and they'll work in any system that supports NVMe.
Awesome. I am curious to know how this works. I was going back and forth on the cheap optanes and ended up just biting the bullet and picking up a new HP branded P3700 U.2 (~137 CAD). Which is overkill most likely.

sswilson

Staff member
4X IceX Xi3 winter tires @ CT. Clearance price of $102 for some reason so it's $100+ savings over my usual discounted Costco purchase.

sswilson

Staff member
4X IceX Xi3 winter tires @ CT. Clearance price of $102 for some reason so it's $100+ savings over my usual discounted Costco purchase.

Cancelled. :(

Guess it's back to Costco the next time they have a seasonal tire sale.....

Lysrin

ASUS Chromebook model C234M for daughter returning to school. Given the new slogan in school "Not sharing is caring" I figured she should have her own in our complex COVID times ;)

Don't go try and look up the model. It's a mystery it seems. Maybe it's a BestBuy exclusive or something. Anyway, had reasonable specs and features for the price. Seems like a nice little unit and will serve her fine for Grade 6 efforts. This is the one: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...on-n4020-64gb-emmc-4gb-ram-chrome-os/14690262

Izerous

Folding Team
I have a 1953 Dodge pickup in the garage and I want to resto-mod it kind of thing. Upgrade to 12V, modern brakes, modern engine etc.

So I had a jeep lined up to be a donor pull one body off put the other on was the plan. Until I realized that some brilliant engineer at Jeep started producing some of them with unibodies/hybrid unibody not pure body on frame anymore. Track width was about right and wheel base was off by about 2 inches would have been really easy to fudge the fitment but the whole unibody issue just killed it.

So instead found a Ram 1500 that had been rolled and had it dropped off last night. Even though it is a regular cab short box it is still a bit longer and wider than I had hoped for and will be a more difficult fitment. However this thing is so tall with 35in tires and 6in lift I can't physically get it through the garage door for the time being.

My crew cab long box nissan frontier with a THULE MOAB basket on the roof might even be shorter than this thing.

Latest posts

Twitter