What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

sswilson

Staff member
Really? Any reason why?

Unless it replaces the RFD affiliate cookies with CCC ones ...

No idea at all, but there's no linking to the site, and references to it in comments are (albeit loosely) veiled. (I can only assume in order to avoid moderator action).

Izerous

Folding Team
How old is the copper?

In this house it is from about 1974. It doesn't "need" to be replaced but it eventually will be. for my purposes I intended to run a home run system instead of trunk and branch and this will be years in the future yet not right away.

clshades

In this house it is from about 1974. It doesn't "need" to be replaced but it eventually will be. for my purposes I intended to run a home run system instead of trunk and branch and this will be years in the future yet not right away.
I've seen and installed both main / branch and home run setups. I can honestly say the home run stuff is a giant waste of money. The only thing that needs to happen is increasing the branch line size. Cold being the main culprit because of toilets.

FreeKnight

That for some reason is persona non grata over on RFD.
I think RFD doesn't allow CCC because RFD doesn't get the affiliate link if someone puts up a CCC link on RFD. Or something along those lines, it was called a competitor in a thread I came across years ago IIRC.

Just found out about Keepa, which is another tracker, I may take a look at it, but haven't used it yet.

ah...heard of it, never looked at it.

does it only work for Amazon or does it collate other sites for deals too?
CCC is just for amazon, though it will track .ca or .com options.

I'm not aware of any others that do a great job of tracking any sites other than PCpartpicker, and it seems hit and miss a lot of the time, ( and is only good for PC)

sswilson

Staff member
I haven't used it much but IIRC the biggest downfall to CCC is that it doesn't capture lightning deals in it's price history.

Mr. Friendly

well, I ended up buying the Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer as it was 20% off and has excellent reviews. thought of the Air model for $100 more and get the dehydrator function, but too many complaints and the difference between the two is about what a dedicated dehydrator costs. :)

Prickly007

I might be the only guy in the world who isn't excited at all about the 3080 / 3090

You aren't alone. Benchmarks didn't alter my opinion; if anything the one review I skimmed made my sense of meh even more emphatic. Unless a compelling game comes out*, it could be another generation or two before I upgrade

* As I recall from the review, the only game that brings a 1080 Ti to its knees at 1440p was RDR 2.