What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Entz

FormD T1 is 9L (vs 18 for the 200P) which is about the smallest you can go while using a dedicated GPU, that I have seen.

Edit: I guess technically the ghost is smaller at 8.7

Mr. Friendly

they're not using a short GPU like a Quadro P620 or 1030 GT or equivalent...but seems my 9" cubed theory is almost 12 litre's.

8 inches cubed is 8.3 litries and I suspect that is the smallest I can go being an ITX board is 6.7" and I need space for frame, fans and sides. :p

I do love how Lenovo has the M920x that gives you a T series CPU, up to 32GB RAM, two M.2 SSD slots and an RX 560 w/4GB RAM at 1 litre tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Entz

Even with a short GPU you still need room for a ITX board and a PSU. The GPU length is just a bonus.

At that point though, why not just get a Tiny or similar OEM device with a laptop GPU

Mr. Friendly

Even with a short GPU you still need room for a ITX board and a PSU. The GPU length is just a bonus.

At that point though, why not just get a Tiny or similar OEM device with a laptop GPU
because why not? I'd make something unique and mine! :D

A standard ATX PSU is smaller than the the footprint of an ITX board, so the dimensions just need to be a bit bigger than the board to allow space for fans and cables.

ITX board is 6.7" x 6.7"
ATX PSU (standard dimensions) is 6" x 5.6" x 3.44"

a PNY Quadro P620 is a hair under 6" in length, so would fit perfectly.

the extra height would allow for a better CPU cooler while keeping the cube dimensions.

Dwayne

Done went all in on AMD. Placeholder 3600X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, and a Corsair MP600 1TB. I fully expect the bots to clean out the supply of R9 5900X chips on launch day, AMD guidance or no. I will not pay a scalper, so I'll run the placeholder until I get a chip at retail. If I manage to get a chip on launch day, or the day after reviews, then I guess I'll have a 3600X for sale, cheapish. :)

djbrad

A bluray writer Asus BW-16D1HT (can now rip 4k blu ray) and a new monitor, Asus VG279 27" ips 144hz. Wow, it replaced my ASUS VW266H 25.5IN that I got in 2010 from ncix. What a difference.

Jokester

since upgrading a gpu is a pointless exercise and the 1080 Ti is still doing fine. I opted for a new subwoofer.

Latest posts

Twitter