What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

JD

Staff member

sswilson

Staff member
That's more like this: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lenovo-smart-clock-with-the-google-assistant/13610995 which is also on sale.

One I have is old school LED digit display. It has a nightlight on the back of it too, if you were to use it as a bedside clock.

Yeah, that's pretty close to what I have. I assumed the "old school LED digital display" was a retro display theme.... :)

edit: The documentation isn't completely clear on the unit you've got... does it operate as a spotify connect device? The only complaint I have about the echo 5 is that while it does operate as a spotify connect device, it doesn't work the other way.... you can't use the screen to control a separate spotify connect device.

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Well no touch screen display here. There's 4 buttons on the top (vol up/down, play, alarm). It does show in the Spotify app as "Google Cast", much like my Home Minis.

Izerous

Folding Team
Actually been looking for a new alarm clock that looks like a good candidate. Have a older one that was an iPhone dock (when it was still the super wide connector) which has great speakers and stuff but I don't even use it for that anymore. It makes for a ridiculously large alarm clock for no reason.

---

I did can my wife's cell phone plan and moved her number to Shaw. $15/mo for unlimited talk and text and $10 for 1GB data that rolls over for 3 months. Consdiering her wifi access and limited data usage on a regular basis pretty good deal. LG G8 was $0 upfront and I think $25/mo for the phone itself.

So saving more than $20/monthly compare to her old plan that had come to term and still got a new phone at the same time. Looking at the numbers it would actually be cheaper to terminate my plan early and jump ship from fido to shaw as well however my work covers my bill so I can wait for it to come to term.

Herne

Picked up one of these. Never played bass before but I need to do more not on the computer in this lockdown.
lg_84b16c5ef385aa3294007da76a3166bf.jpg

Lysrin

GTX 1080. Which IMO is probably good enough for me still. But I really want HDMI 2.1 so I can at least use my desktop @ 4k 120Hz.
I had pondered replacing my 1080 Ti with a 3070 once I saw its performance. Still pondering, but it would mean ripping my loop apart again and the additional cost of a GPU block if I wanted to put it under water. If I didn't water cool it, it would mean redoing my loop. Not sure the change would be worth the effort at this point! lol

Latest posts