What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Entz

View attachment 30011
Paying a 10% premium, but whatever, I'll call it a rental tax vs buying it for retail in January.

Edit: 5600 and 5800's are coming in and out of stock right now.
Nice! Yeah they got a huge restock today. I think the 5800X was in stock for better part of 30 minutes. I had the 5800X in my cart but have this faint hope that I will get a 5900 in the supposed big refresh this week. If not 5800X it is

edit: supposed not suppo lol

Last edited:

crazyea

Well, my friends, I bought 2 of those $199 Seagate external drives listed in hot deals. Got 2 Seagate Exo 16's inside. Bought two more. Got two more Exos. Ok, what to do with them now then?

Bought a few parts to build up an unraid server. At first I though about getting a Synology for them, but then priced some parts out and it comes in at a similar price for a much more powerful system.

Anyway, I ended going with the following:

Define 7 black
Asus B460-H Strix
Intel 10400
Hyper 212 Black Ed.
32GB Corsair 2666 LPX. (2x16)
Seasonic Focus+ 550w
16GB usb key
$984. A DS1520+ is about $960, so not bad I guess.

4x Seagate 10tb Exos 16's (Seagate expansion desktop shucked drives)
Still pondering which cache drive to get.

My wife says "why are you always buying stuff for yourself at Christmas? It's funny she's right. I guess it's when the deals are happening?

great_big_abyss

2x Oculus Quest 2's. One for me, and one for my stepson. It will take them a couple of weeks to get here (apparently there are stock issues), but as long as they get here before Xmas, I'm happy.

sswilson

Staff member
WD's pushing pretty hard this BF after all of the marketing disasters they had over the last year. :)