What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

great_big_abyss

I just picked up a used Gigabyte RX5600XT Gaming OC off Kijiji for $360. I was initally looking for a GTX1070 or a 1080 in the $300=$350 range, but then I saw this card pop up on Kijiji, and not having any idea what it was, checked out some reviews. The RX5600XT compares favourably to a 1070 or 1080, and is pretty much neck and neck with the RTX2060, depending on what benchmark/game is being used. Seeing as A) I can't find any used RTX2060's for the life of me, and B) they're very expensive new, I figured this 5600XT was a no-brainer. It's a little more than I wanted to spend, but I"m getting a newer card than a 1070 or 1080, with better power consumption, and better performance.

I'm going to run some benches on my 960 before I take it out, so I can compare how much of a performance increase I gained.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Picked up a Coolermaster MM711 ultra-light mouse to try out. I've always tended to lean toward the heavier mice (G502 most recently) but after the first session I'm pretty impressed.

FreeKnight

20201129_151058.jpgBig ass radiant heater for the garage. This thing's massive haha.

But it'll be nice and toasty and way cheaper than a forced air heater in there.

FreeKnight

You sure that isn't a tanning bed? 😁
I think you'd end up extra crispy haha.

Somewhat on topic of tanning though, so I ordered a massive 'beach' wall printing and a tropical one as well as rented a proper hot tub for February (not one of those blue plastic hot tubs with a fabric skirt).

I'm going to hang the tapestry on the wall, put the hot tub in the garage, crank the heater and throw some sand colored fabric down over the concrete, add some decorations and have a little 'beach' getaway with the girlfriend in Feb. Travel's out of the question right now, so this is the next best thing haha.

sswilson

Staff member
I think you'd end up extra crispy haha.

Somewhat on topic of tanning though, so I ordered a massive 'beach' wall printing and a tropical one as well as rented a proper hot tub for February (not one of those blue plastic hot tubs with a fabric skirt).

I'm going to hang the tapestry on the wall, put the hot tub in the garage, crank the heater and throw some sand colored fabric down over the concrete, add some decorations and have a little 'beach' getaway with the girlfriend in Feb. Travel's out of the question right now, so this is the next best thing haha.

What genre of music do you plan to queue up? (And don't forget the mood lighting... :) ).

gingerbee

Gammix S11 pro 2 TB for my game drive was using SATA SSD so won't see any difference I think but with 1280TB yet to be written to it I am not worried about it being used up anytime soon

LOL I meant to say its life expectancy is 1280TB

Last edited:

Entz

Another set of Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3200 BL2K16G32C16U4B . As Amazon put them on $70 cheaper than when I ordered them for prime days (yay for long holiday return periods!)