What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

FreeKnight

what's the wattage on that thing? do you have a fan in there to help circulate?
45,000 BTU/hr . Not sure the electrical wattage as it's Natural gas fueled. It just plugs into 110v so I doubt it's drawing much.

No fan, it's just to take the bite out of the garage in the winter. I'll only keep it at about 10-12 C most of the time. I've got to adjust the track to the garage door a bit to seal better and that should take care of most of the heat loss. Since it's heating up so much of the garage I shouldn't need to circulate air really as long as I don't have a draft.

JD

Staff member
Big ass radiant heater for the garage. This thing's massive haha.

But it'll be nice and toasty and way cheaper than a forced air heater in there.
And here I was thinking my grandpa with a forced air furnace in his garage was pretty nuts...but it was probably around 800sqft as half was his woodshop/paintshop and the other half a garage where he fixed whatever project car he had. Here you are with an industrial sized unit in a single car garage?

No concerns with how close it appears to the door? In the stores, when I walk under these, it's a blast of hotness and that's with it like 20-30ft in the air.

FreeKnight

And here I was thinking my grandpa with a forced air furnace in his garage was pretty nuts...but it was probably around 800sqft as half was his woodshop/paintshop and the other half a garage where he fixed whatever project car he had. Here you are with an industrial sized unit in a single car garage?

No concerns with how close it appears to the door? In the stores, when I walk under these, it's a blast of hotness and that's with it like 20-30ft in the air.
It's a double garage. It's sized to the space apparently, but I didn't double check the math. It's well past the clearances in the specs, although the perspective of the photo makes it look closer than it probably is.

While it definitely puts out heat, the large steel tubes feel like they give off a more balanced heat than the fin and tubes or the electrics so it's not quite as scorchingly hot

Izerous

Folding Team
I've got to adjust the track to the garage door a bit to seal better and that should take care of most of the heat loss.
Seals on the bottom of the door if it doesn't already have one (not always pre-installed) goes a long ways, and around the outside there are rubber strips available that also help. The wood door on this old garage has a few cracking panels in a couple panels but the stripping around and under made a big difference.

FreeKnight

Seals on the bottom of the door if it doesn't already have one (not always pre-installed) goes a long ways, and around the outside there are rubber strips available that also help. The wood door on this old garage has a few cracking panels in a couple panels but the stripping around and under made a big difference.
Yup on all counts. The door has a bottom seal and the vinyl side trim on the opening. The mounts just need to be adjusted a bit as the door isn't far enough 'forward', so there's a couple spots where there's cold air coming in. They're not massive gaps, but enough that it'll help keep the garage feeling warmer once I adjust them.

ipaine

What do you think of the chair so far?
Hmmm, well I few things.

Good:
Back is very comfortable and does a great job of moving with you.
Easy to make adjustments

Bad:
Getting some squeaks already but not exactly that bad
The seat does not have a ton of padding so I am finding that it feels like I'm bottomed out on the cushion

Unsure:
I'm just not used to the recline where only the back reclines, I'm used to the full chair reclining.
The arms, they are really nice, except for a couple tiny things. I wish they expanded just a tiny bit wider and the actual arm rests can move forward and back and twist out, but not in. Again if I was a slimmer person I doubt it would be as much of an issue but as it is the adjustments are just a tiny bit not enough.

Now the seat and squeaks could be due to my current weight, which I do need to work on getting down. I'm sure that is not helping with the cushion amounts.

Do I recommend at this point, yes I think I do, but with the caveat of it being better for a slimmer person.

I do plan on trying to write up a decent review in another couple months so I will say more then.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
TCL 65" 425CA. Looks great in the former play room I'm gradually reclaiming now the kids are older.