What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Izerous

Folding Team
Eyeballing a Breville waffle maker at the Bay. With my bay points and a promo code it's about 10$ more than the intermittently low price amazon gets (lower prices are all pre-2020). Debating on if I want to pick it up or not. I've been watching one for a while, but it's been constantly out of stock since the pandemic, so I'm not sure I'll see a drastically better price anytime soon
I will say our waffle maker gets a work out in bursts. Grabbing a model with ceramic coating was worth it too so easy to clean.

I'll make excess and freeze them kids love it for quick breakfast too and taste significantly better than eggo waffles for little effort.

Mr. Friendly

Usually its the Topology that decides how efficient and such that you get. Interestingly enough they have what would amount to an Online UPS Topology inside a unit that is listed as Line Interactive. That's definitely something for sure. Interesting unit.

-ST
Line Interactive are not for the faint of heart though as they have loud / noisy active cooling that never shuts off.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Line Interactive are not for the faint of heart though as they have loud / noisy active cooling that never shuts off.

Not true at all. It entirely depends on the internal design. And even if they have always on Cooling fans, the vast majority of them are quiet until it goes to battery, in which case noise doesn't matter because the Transformers make more of a racket.

-ST

supaflyx3

Ryzen 7 5800x
32gb ddr4-3600
1TB S11 pro nvme
Evga xc3 rtx 3070
Noctua nh-d15
Oculus Quest 2
Now I'm on the hunt for a crosshair viii dark hero & a new case to house everything

Mr. Friendly

Not true at all. It entirely depends on the internal design. And even if they have always on Cooling fans, the vast majority of them are quiet until it goes to battery, in which case noise doesn't matter because the Transformers make more of a racket.

-ST
all the Line Interactive from Tripp Lite and CyberPower that I've sold have active cooling. lots of complaints by those that had them installed in their office as they're the only one's that were generator friendly.

zoob

Might be confusing 'line interactive' with 'online double conversion'.

You can have line interactive that just adjusts voltage dips or spikes, or online double conversion where the UPS is generating the AC (AC wall charge DC battery, DC battery transformer to AC output to your load)

Online-capable models will be noisy, but often they have 'high efficiency mode' which turns it into a line interactive by disabling the double conversion.

Mr. Friendly

Might be confusing 'line interactive' with 'online double conversion'.

You can have line interactive that just adjusts voltage dips or spikes, or online double conversion where the UPS is generating the AC (AC wall charge DC battery, DC battery transformer to AC output to your load)

Online-capable models will be noisy, but often they have 'high efficiency mode' which turns it into a line interactive by disabling the double conversion.
you know...perhaps I am. I am known to do that., unfortunately, :p

Soultribunal

Staff member
you know...perhaps I am. I am known to do that., unfortunately, :p

I am going to say you are.
Line interactive models (most consumer models) only need to use the fan when the Rectifiers are in play (i.e device is on Battery). Otherwise the fan is not active.
The higher end commercial Line interactive (i.e. APC SMART-UPS) do have an active cooling fan but it is dead silent until the unit needs to go on battery.

-ST

FreeKnight

021614055941_main

Well I caved and bought the Cadillac of waffle makers. If nothing else I'll have another option to cook breakfast for when I get back on tinder :LOL:

Latest posts

Twitter