What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

gingerbee

So after saying a few months ago I am done buying hard drives here it is my b-day and I bought 2 more WD 4TB CMR drives why not on sale and I will need them at some point lol

G

You know it has been a slow month of upgrades when ( not playing the queue game for a GPU ) you start finding tiny crap to upgrade.

New spacebar and esc caps ..... sad. Might be time to look at a new case just for fiddles.

Asus ROG Strix Flare KB

Spacebar Resize.jpg

Soultribunal

Staff member
So I wanted a small simple Gaming Laptop that I could tote around and use anywhere (my 51m is portable, but not suitable for all applications).

HP had a neat Family Day deal going on this ($100 off + coupon code for additional $75 off an order of $300 or more).

So I decided to grab it. I have Spare RAM from when I upgraded my AW. And a Spare MX500 I can plop into it.

I'm excited to try out Ryzen in Mobile form. And from the reviews I have read before I bought it, it sounds like its a nice little gaming laptop.

-ST

Soultribunal

Staff member
I like the aesthetics of the laptop if nothing else. The green and black is a nice combo. Sure that's the standard Razer color combo, but when that hideous razer logo isn't present I'm surprised how much I like it.

Yeah the Aesthetics helped. I was just happy it wasn't Red. I don't know why, but I can't stand Red/Black only Laptops. So the Green worked for me. Hopefully it works out. It had better reviews than the 16.1" laptop they carry so I opted for it instead (and what is 0.5" really LOL).
I know it's not a power house but the Ryzen 7 is a better CPU than the option of the i5, and more of my games are CPU heavy (Total War) than GPU heavy.

I'll let everyone know how it is once I get it.

-ST

FreeKnight

20210216_100204.jpg
Sennheiser PC38X via Drop. Using a pair of sennheiser earbuds wasn't cutting anymore for teleconferences.

Still not a headset guy compared to just using speakers, but I'll give them a try a few times in games anyway

Lysrin

View attachment 30742
Sennheiser PC38X via Drop. Using a pair of sennheiser earbuds wasn't cutting anymore for teleconferences.

Still not a headset guy compared to just using speakers, but I'll give them a try a few times in games anyway
I don't think you'll be disappointed with those. No headset is the same as speakers, clearly, but if you have to be in cans those should sound great. I am still using my Sennheiser PC 360 SEs.

If you don't mind me asking, care to share the total price for getting those to you in Canada from Drop? If you'd rather not, no problem.

FreeKnight

I don't think you'll be disappointed with those. No headset is the same as speakers, clearly, but if you have to be in cans those should sound great. I am still using my Sennheiser PC 360 SEs.

If you don't mind me asking, care to share the total price for getting those to you in Canada from Drop? If you'd rather not, no problem.
Checking my visa statement, original price with shipping after currency change was $226.74 CAD and customs were $20.81 CAD, so overall total was $247.55 CAD.

Bond007

I needed to buy razor blades, and decided enough is enough with the cost. I have friends that have been using double edge razors (aka de or safety razors) for a while, so I am jumping onboard and giving it a shot. Fingers crossed it works out.

Ordered Edwin Jagger DE89 and a 100 blade sampler pack of various “top” selling blades.

Latest posts

Twitter