What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

FreeKnight

These guys built me a nice Lap Desk once, and due to requirements in my life I am having them custom build me a bigger one.
Absolutely amazing quality, hand crafted, and perfect function for what I need.

Should hopefully get it in by mid March. Looking forward to it.

-ST
Looking at that, there's not a ton to it, I might have to make one for myself. Will skip the plywood angles and use solid wood though (I never like to see exposed plywood layers, but it's just a personal preference). But it's definitely something that'd be handy to have :unsure:

Soultribunal

Staff member
Looking at that, there's not a ton to it, I might have to make one for myself. Will skip the plywood angles and use solid wood though (I never like to see exposed plywood layers, but it's just a personal preference). But it's definitely something that'd be handy to have :unsure:

If I trusted myself enough to do it, I would have built one for myself.
Usually my wood working is more of a restoration thing than building something from scratch.

Besides, these guys did an amazing job on the first one, so I have no problem giving them some business.

-ST

FreeKnight

If I trusted myself enough to do it, I would have built one for myself.
Usually my wood working is more of a restoration thing than building something from scratch.

Besides, these guys did an amazing job on the first one, so I have no problem giving them some business.

-ST
Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes even if you can make something, there's reason to buy or have a pro make one.

sswilson

Staff member
Just grabbed a couple of Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM fans to replenish my dwindling stock of 120mm fans and have to say I'm digging the grey colour theme. It's still uniquely Noctua but not the old baby diaper colours. :)

Also grabbed a couple of these SickleFlow 120 fans @ $10 / apiece. They're 3 pin and they're green led, but the price was right and they'll do in a pinch. :)

FreeKnight

81Y29kSqfhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Presto 23 quart pressure canner is supposed to arrive today. Combined with the massive stock pot I have, this means I'm heading to the butcher shop and will be making about a dozen liters of stock this weekend.

First go is going to be about 8 pounds of pork bones to make Tonkotsu stock for ramen. The Official Food Thread will be updated with results.

Can't make ramen noodles yet though, I've been waiting for Kitchenaid to get their roller and spaghetti attachment back in stock on their site since I got a discount coupon with my new pro stand mixer that replaced the old tilt head model I had.

Lysrin

Wow, sounds costly and time consuming.

I get out of the shower and lather up whatever 20 year old bar of shaving soap I have in the bowl, grab the razor with one of the blades I bought ($20 will be basically the rest of my life at current burn rate).

If it's between Fall and Spring equinoxes I don't. (maybe trim edges)
lol that's my point; my routine isn't time consuming at all. It isn't a routine! I just wrote it out like that for fun. That whole thing is basically just "shave with whatever is handy".

Nothing wrong with folks more elaborate processes of course. I just never realised people put so much effort and money in getting the hair off their faces! 😁

Bartacus

Just grabbed a couple of Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM fans to replenish my dwindling stock of 120mm fans and have to say I'm digging the grey colour theme. It's still uniquely Noctua but not the old baby diaper colours. :)

Also grabbed a couple of these SickleFlow 120 fans @ $10 / apiece. They're 3 pin and they're green led, but the price was right and they'll do in a pinch. :)

Fun fact: those old sickleflow fans have really good static pressure too. I think I still have a few of those old dogs. The sound profile is actually good too, those are surprisingly decent motors in those things.

sswilson

Staff member
Fun fact: those old sickleflow fans have really good static pressure too. I think I still have a few of those old dogs. The sound profile is actually good too, those are surprisingly decent motors in those things.

Yeah, the paper specs between the Sickleflows, and the Noctuas are surprisingly close to each other.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Yeah, the paper specs between the Sickleflows, and the Noctuas are surprisingly close to each other.

I've been using those CM fans, since forever. I still have some, for whenever it is I build a PC again.

There have been some failures over the years, but for the cost, its been managable.

-ST