What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

FreeKnight

I paid a guy $150 per line to get $35/month unlimited nationwide calling and 25gb unlimited data per line. $50 activation credit and $50 bill credit per line. On Telus.

Breaks even after 2-3 months as soon was coming from $80 per month lines.

Bring your own phone.
If it's with Telus, does the pricing change within 6 mo/ a year per usual Telus promos?

Lysrin

Check your account online...you may be able to go to 10 or 12gb right now for the same $50 (even if you aren't using it). I was with Koodo before this port to Telus, and I believe I had that option.
Well thank you Mr Bond! Was able to get the same plan as I have now but with the 12GB rather than the 5GB I had (thought it was 6...) for the same $50. Now I have to go drive some where and sit in the car and watch YouTube... just because lol

Perhaps I should have cancelled my Pixel 6 order from Google and checked if I could get one from Koodo... Ordered 3 Nov... still no shippy... It'll come eventually...

Last edited:

Bond007

Black Friday purchases with optimum points at shoppers. Ordered 3 XSX controllers, call of duty vanguard, and nest audio for the living room (to upgrade from a nest mini).

Well thank you Mr Bond! Was able to get the same plan as I have now but with the 12GB rather than the 5GB I had (thought it was 6...) for the same $50. Now I have to go drive some where and sit in the car and watch YouTube... just because lol
No problem!

Last edited:

Dwayne

Shaw mobile is still the cheapest plan i can get. All these black friday deals will result in my mobile plans costings 20-30 more per month.

Same. We don't need but a tiny bit of bandwidth for the odd time we are not in Shaw Open range. Zero dollars a month and $20 every 3 months for 1 GB of data good for 90 days. We even added one of the grand kids phones as the daughter didn't want her to have data anyway. I just wonder how long Shaw will keep this going.

Izerous

Folding Team
The only black friday deal that caught my interest.

Going to replace my 28in 4k + 27in 1440p monitors with a massive 43in Samsung M7 4k. Then figure out a stand for the MacBook pro and use it as a second monitor while working.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Its funny we're talking cell plans. I just had a ker-fuf-el with mine. The short is me and the wife are now on

$45/month for 16gb data
$7/month for iPhone 12 mini 128gb. (2 year term)

My plan is to sell the 12 minis (seem to be worth 7-800? probably going to ask for 700 quick sale) and I might upgrade to a 13pro.

Justification for the 13pro is that I need a better camera for my back country adventures :ROFLMAO:

Well. It went down exactly as predicted.

Except after getting my 13 pro today...my wife asked for a 13 pro for xmas. o_O So we got 2 phones. :cautious:

At least I dont have to try to figure out what to buy her for xmas :ROFLMAO:

banana

Izerous

Folding Team
The only black friday deal that caught my interest.

Going to replace my 28in 4k + 27in 1440p monitors with a massive 43in Samsung M7 4k. Then figure out a stand for the MacBook pro and use it as a second monitor while working.
So I have a few complaints about how the USB plugs operate on this "smart monitor" that are really only complaints because I'm trying to use it with 2 computers at the same time otherwise it feels massive, it charges my laptop for me. But I basically need to find a USB switch so I can switch between the two computers easier.

It's vesa pattern is 200x200 is I can't Reuse the mounts I was using but the stand is so minimal it really isn't a concern for right now.

Latest posts