What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I noticed that the slider piece on the strap on my AKG headphones is broken, which has led me down a dark and dangerous path. I've now got some Sennheiser HD6XX headphones ordered from Drop.com, and I'll probably have to change out my headphone dac/amp after they arrive as I don't think my GSX 1000 will do well pushing 300 ohm headphones. We'll see.

Bond007

I noticed that the slider piece on the strap on my AKG headphones is broken, which has led me down a dark and dangerous path. I've now got some Sennheiser HD6XX headphones ordered from Drop.com, and I'll probably have to change out my headphone dac/amp after they arrive as I don't think my GSX 1000 will do well pushing 300 ohm headphones. We'll see.
Nice! I seem to remember reading somewhere that the GSX drove the 6XX well, but no idea on where or if it was a valid source. Fingers crossed for you!

Let us know how it works out with customs/duties...I am always curius about that with drop. I have considered jumping on the 58X or 38X a few times, but never pulled the trigger.

Mr. Friendly

look for a decent hybrid tube amp *like the Schiit Vali 2+) or even a proper otl (ouitput transformerless) tube amp like the Little Dot Mk II. hybrid can power any headphone, low or high impedance, just not sound as tubey as an OTL, which can only do high impedance headphones, like the 6xx.

the HD600, 650 (aka 6xx) and 660s all love being put on tubes. makes then shine!

my dream is an HD600 with an OTL like the Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I'll report back on taxes. And I'd probably be looking at the Schiit Hel, we do a lot of online gaming with a mic here.

clshades

Those look nice.

Lysrin

Latest posts

Twitter