What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

sswilson

Staff member

Izerous

Folding Team
For the uninitiated.... 8U vs 12U refers to the height (or number of stacked devices)?
basically but not all devices are 1U. The quad socket server in the basement is a 5U server but it is sitting on a dual socket 1U server and 1U NAS. I have some cases in the office which are even 5U but thats not as common. Most network devices tend to be 1U and servers are typically 1//2/4

Last edited:

ipaine

So this morning my wife's laptop hinge broke and is totally messed. Plus the keyboard has been having issues and the thing was only $600 six years ago, so might as well get a new one.

And it was the quickest I made a decision ever. Ended up getting a Thinkbook 15 Gen 4 AMD.

• Processor : AMD Ryzen™ 5 5625U Processor (2.30 GHz up to 4.30 GHz)
  • Operating System : Windows 11 Pro 64
  • Graphics : Integrated AMD Radeon™ Graphics
  • Memory : 8 GB DDR4-3200MHz (Soldered)
  • Storage : 512 GB SSD M.2 2242 PCIe Gen3 TLC
  • Display : 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, 45%NTSC, 300 nits, LED Backlight, Narrow Bezel
  • Camera : 1080P FHD with Dual array digital Microphone and ThinkShutter
  • Fingerprint Reader : Fingerprint Reader
  • Keyboard : Backlit, Iron Grey - English (US)
  • WLAN : Wi-Fi 6 2x2 AX & Bluetooth® 5.2

This is a huge step up for her and hoping it works well for me as the person who maintains it. All in all with 3yrs of premier on-site and accident coverage it was about $1250 with taxes. And really don't care about the 8gb ram cause it is way cheaper to add another 8gb for like $35 then the $100 more through them (and yes only the 8gb is soldered on, there is a open slot).

Now to wait for it to ship.

Update: Shipped, ETA 18th. :)

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
First ever smart watch. Visions has the Huawei GT for $98 in their flyer and $198 on their website.

"Incase of discrepancy flyer will be taken as correct" clause... pretty sure I wasn't supposed get it for under 100.

Mr. Friendly

>.< I just spent $200 on stuff for our new pup and then ordered $700 in shoes (3 pairs) for the wife. all I got outta the deal is a smoking credit card, LoL!!!

sswilson

Staff member
First ever smart watch. Visions has the Huawei GT for $98 in their flyer and $198 on their website.

"Incase of discrepancy flyer will be taken as correct" clause... pretty sure I wasn't supposed get it for under 100.

It's the original GT?

I've had one for 3 or 4 years now. I've been more than happy with it.

It's not a full fledged smart watch, but it does pair with your phone for notifications. Best feature is 2 week(ish) battery life if you're using the "flip wrist to view screen" function.

There's a non-google play store link for the app that comes up when you install the one you can get from the store. It fully enables all of the watch face functionality that used to be missing from the NA app.

Izerous

Folding Team
It's the original GT?

I've had one for 3 or 4 years now. I've been more than happy with it.

It's not a full fledged smart watch, but it does pair with your phone for notifications. Best feature is 2 week(ish) battery life if you're using the "flip wrist to view screen" function.

There's a non-google play store link for the app that comes up when you install the one you can get from the store. It fully enables all of the watch face functionality that used to be missing from the NA app.

Yeah I was a bit leery about grabbing random apk file from a qr code so I found the store version of the app.

It really is more of a fitness tracker etc than a full fledged smart watch as you mentioned but in general I have been against them because why should you watch outdated itself. But at the price I figured at a minimum with the sleep tracking maybe I can do something about some of the restless nights etc recently

Screenshot_20220812-191626_Chrome.jpg

sswilson

Staff member

Yeah I was a bit leery about grabbing random apk file from a qr code so I found the store version of the app.

It really is more of a fitness tracker etc than a full fledged smart watch as you mentioned but in general I have been against them because why should you watch outdated itself. But at the price I figured at a minimum with the sleep tracking maybe I can do something about some of the restless nights etc recently

View attachment 34994

I didn't get it from the QR code, I believe the play store version prompts you with an apk link when you try to check for updates. Of course the same concerns apply for the apk link as did for the random qr code.... :)

JD

Staff member

My first trip (and purchase) at Visions kinda went the same way, the price of the subwoofer I bought was $100 less in store, and they upsold the extended warranty for like $25 or something. Maybe it's just normal practice for them to have in-store pricing different from online.

Latest posts