What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Caldezar

D-Link 880L. And WOW am I ever happy with the wireless on that router! Flat out the best wireless performance I've ever worked with!

fishingfanatic

What's Your Latest Purchase

Congrats man! Wifi has come a long way in a relatively short period of time.

That was the same for me when I upgraded mine, awesome!

With 3 phones, laptops and pcs, plus 3 ipads, even though there are only 2 people who use them in this household. Oh and 3 apple tv boxes and an android 1. Added 2 boosters to the network to remove any dead spots left in the house.

We used to have to wait for a movie to buffer all of the time. Not anymore, though lately I've seen that. New network merge growing pains according to Rogers when streaming....:blarg:

FF
:biggrin:

Bond007

D-Link 880L. And WOW am I ever happy with the wireless on that router! Flat out the best wireless performance I've ever worked with!

Good to hear some positive experience with dlink. I was just reading about the 890L....what a monster that is.

Caldezar

Yeah, I split out my 2.4 and 5.0 bands so I can isolate my primary PC on the 5.0 band. Everything else I have running on 2.4 and the connection all across both bands has been outstanding. The range in particular on the 2.4 is a breath of fresh air. Plus I can easily isolate a guest account for internet access only on either band, which seems to be a rarity on consumer routers for some reason.

I haven't had time to do any thorough testing on the wireless network transfer speeds, but the image below is a quick speedtest result on my primary PC via wireless. Certainly nice to see wireless max out my 100 connection.

3997562498.png

fishingfanatic

What's Your Latest Purchase

Finally got the pieces, now I have something to do on Christmas day.
:thumb:

Terrible pics sorry.

I can hardly wait to fire it up!!!
:clap::thumb:

FF
:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN1881.jpg
    DSCN1881.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN1884.jpg
    DSCN1884.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN1891.jpg
    DSCN1891.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 75

FreeKnight

Pulled the pin as I got a good price on the grand puubaa of Ultrawides

The single 780 in my Steambox is feeling a little stressed though. I should probably just build a whole new rig. Guess I better start listing parts in the BST section :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_20141228_193948.jpg
    IMG_20141228_193948.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts