What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Wicked15

Pens!!!(I know not very exciting to about 98% of the population..lol)
5pk of Uni-Ball Signo RT1 .28mm Ultra Micro tip:clap:

For all you "office" folk who like me, have the penmanship of an 8 year old writing with their toes - write on excel spreadsheet print outs or other smaller formats sheets like graphs, sales, statements and like the consistent solid fill of a gel/roller pen vs the dull areas of a traditional ballpoint pen these bad boys are the pens for you lol.

Typically you have a range of these 3 popular sizes and are pretty much all that is available at staples, walmart, and even office supply stores.
1mm
.7mm
.5mm(Fine/Micro tip)

Then if you look hard enough online and have specific models you can find
.38mm
.28mm

I've stuck with .5mm pencils but after writing 10-12 words you have to turn the pencil of the flat edge to keep getting that fine tip which i hated. A good pen in my books must be gripped, retractable, gel/roller, and that dries immediately .
I do A LOT of number based data entry and am very particular on being able to write notes and memo's on spreadsheets that have been printed out.

:ph34r:I'll just go back in the corner now and you normal people continue on lol:ph34r:

Fleurious

Pens!!!(I know not very exciting to about 98% of the population..lol)
5pk of Uni-Ball Signo RT1 .28mm Ultra Micro tip:clap:

All through university i used a .3 mm mechanical pencil for my notes. Normal pens/pencils feel like crayons incomparison.

the_guitarboy

You guys buying that as a bundle somewhere or just the two separately?

I couldn't find a Zelda bundle, not sure there is one so I just grabbed them separately.

Going to pickup the Hisense 65" 4K TV that's on sale at Costco today! Should be a nice upgrade from my old Viewsonic 42" 1080p

Lysrin

I grabbed a bnib switch for a good deal on Craigslist and used my shoppers points to buy games lol

Ah clever! :biggrin:

I couldn't find a Zelda bundle, not sure there is one so I just grabbed them separately.

Going to pickup the Hisense 65" 4K TV that's on sale at Costco today! Should be a nice upgrade from my old Viewsonic 42" 1080p

Nice indeed! Thanks for the info. I was just wondering since you both bought the same thing; thought there might be a deal I'm missing out on!

I have thought about getting BoTW for WiiU but don't know how much couch gaming time I want to commit to compared to my already lacking time available for PC gaming! ;)

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I use Seattle Coffee Gear Staff Pick's as a good barometer of what to look at and consider:
https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/staff-picks

My Baratza Vario has been flawless for the 8 years I've had it now...but it's no different than anything else, there are going to be lemon's and they arre tricky to learn and adapt for the newb as there are so many setting variables you can tweak, which is also it's strength, once you know what you're doing as it can grind for any coffee brewing style.

Don't get me wrong, the Rocky is good, but it's focus is espresso, so if that's all you're going for, definitely consider it for a budget solution...or the Rocket Espresso Macinatore Fausto Grinder, but if you need a grinder that will do all types of brewing, then it doesn't get better than the Baratza Vario for price to performance. for those of you who don't do or won't ever need espresso grind, the Baratza Encore is best buy. :)

further, the grinder is the single most important device in your coffee brewing and if you are a coffee nut, you will know the two rules of thumb that will make a good cup of joe, even if you only have a crummy whole bean to grind.

1) grind uniformity - in order to get grind uniformity, you need extremely tight tolerances, which takes time and engineering and that drives up the price, which is why the good grinders aren't cheap.
2) water temperature - you MUST brew with water that is between 192 - 202 degrees Farenheit.

I will always keep my Vario for my drip/french/pour over, but hope to get something like the Rocket Fausto to dial in my espresso bean and leave it. :ph34r:

wish they did have larger thermostat controlled electric kettles :p

I've never done it myself, but I have read on r/coffee that adding a tiny amount of water (think spray bottle) to the beans before grinding can drastically lower static electricity. Our old Cuisinart grinder had the same issue, especially with Starbucks coffee.
Thank you both - I'll try the sprinkle over beans next time and dig in that website / Baratza Encore reviews.

Prickly007

Thank you both - I'll try the sprinkle over beans next time and dig in that website / Baratza Encore reviews.

No problem, but just a spritz of water. ;) Just don't order anything from seattlecoffeegear, their reputation is less than stellar. You might also look into manual grinders, as well.

Personally, I think the Encore is a piece junk.

Prickly007

EVGA SuperNOVA G3 (550W) and a Logitech K400 Plus.... bare minimum to get a HTPC running, based on my old GTX 970 & AMD Phenom II x4 kit.

MacJunky

Going to try out a 3t aluminum floor jack as my 2 1/2 ton steel one takes a lot of pumps to lift, releases jerkily, and is heavy. But my old one does have more ground clearance and larger wheels for uneven floors, so that is going for it... I guess.

Latest posts