What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Lpfan4ever

sswilson

Staff member
For the cost they're pretty good sounding cans. The range on them before they start getting iffy is quite bad though if you're in a congested area. I have to keep my phone in my right pant pocket when I'm downtown to have any sort of a stable connection.

Yet another reason to avoid moving to "the big city", although I suppose that would be problematic when travelling. On the plus side, if a person is going to be that close to the source, they can always use the wired connection (which I'm assuming comes with a bigger power draw penalty). I was actually impressed with the ability to move around through the house with them on... seemed to start getting the occasional connection "burp" at around 30'.

I've been hmmming and hawing over picking up a set of Bluetooth IEMs but was holding off based on a concern that the audio quality wouldn't be on par with a mid-level wired set. These were reasonably well reviewed, and the price was right.

Their documentation absolutely bites though...... :)

Lysrin

sswilson

Staff member
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-costco-akg-c50-bt-ear-bluetooth-2174195/

A set of AKG C50BTs for $80.

edit: Gotta remove that RFD bookmark....... :ph34r:

1st set gone back for a flaky power switch.... second set doesn't appear to want to turn on (going to try charging it for a bit to see if that resolves the issue)....

Maybe I wasn't meant to have a set of these......

edit: Seems to be working now.... I'll leave it on charge overnight and see if it still seems OK in the AM.

Last edited:

enaberif

Hmmm what could I be building....

f5t2l8xl.png

Latest posts