What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

mGz

lowfat

Staff member
Nah. This is the exact one I purchased for lubing stabilizers which works extremely well - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000XBH9HI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For lubing switches you shouldn't be using a dielectric. It's too thick.
Have you tried that personally before on a switch? Its an NGLI2 grease, its very thick. What switches are you using? It will remove all tactile feedback on actuation. That is the other grease I tried using since I have tons of it for my 3d printers. It made my blues feed terrible, removed all clickiness, and it caused them to repeat key presses. Ended up having to toss the entire set as I couldn't even wash the lubricant off the stems.

Reactions: mGz

mGz

Have you tried that personally before on a switch? Its an NGLI2 grease, its very thick. What switches are you using? It will remove all tactile feedback on actuation. That is the other grease I tried using since I have tons of it for my 3d printers. It made my blues feed terrible, removed all clickiness, and it caused them to repeat key presses. Ended up having to toss the entire set as I couldn't even wash the lubricant off the stems.

Using MX-Reds with my pok3r LE. And no, I haven't tried this on these switches yet as I've still got some krytox-100 (which I find is better for that application).

Caldezar

After buying an Apple TV 4K and hating it, being disappointing in the aging Shield platform that also has limited HDR support, and then reading tons of reviews saying that Roku Ultra is not Dolby compatible and this causes some problems when displaying blacks for Dolby content on the LG OLED displays in particular... I've been pretty frustrated trying to come up with a media solution for my TV. I didn't want to go back to an HTPC as my wife really didn't like that as an option. I'm almost to the point of returning the TV and switching to a standard LED screen and going with Roku.

But I have one option left in the bag... I'm buying an XBOX One X while they're on sale for $469 at Walmart. This was something I was thinking about buying anyway since I have Microsoft Game Pass Ultimate for 3 years. I never really considered it as a media solution before, but it gets great reviews. So we'll see...

I also bought a remote to go with it, which should go a long way towards making my wife happy.

Izerous

Folding Team
I need contact cement to secure the plastic trim on the bathroom counter. any recommendations?

if large
PL Premium + clamps

if small I have had pretty good luck with the gel version of gorilla super glue, just fixed a blade runner umbrella i bought years ago with it. Havn't popped new batteries in it yet to see how it effected the light quality being snapped and then glued.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
if large
PL Premium + clamps

if small I have had pretty good luck with the gel version of gorilla super glue, just fixed a blade runner umbrella i bought years ago with it. Havn't popped new batteries in it yet to see how it effected the light quality being snapped and then glued.
I forgot about Gorilla products...that stuff has replaced duct tape and tuct tape, LoL!

Cptn Vortex

After buying an Apple TV 4K and hating it, being disappointing in the aging Shield platform that also has limited HDR support, and then reading tons of reviews saying that Roku Ultra is not Dolby compatible and this causes some problems when displaying blacks for Dolby content on the LG OLED displays in particular... I've been pretty frustrated trying to come up with a media solution for my TV. I didn't want to go back to an HTPC as my wife really didn't like that as an option. I'm almost to the point of returning the TV and switching to a standard LED screen and going with Roku.

But I have one option left in the bag... I'm buying an XBOX One X while they're on sale for $469 at Walmart. This was something I was thinking about buying anyway since I have Microsoft Game Pass Ultimate for 3 years. I never really considered it as a media solution before, but it gets great reviews. So we'll see...

I also bought a remote to go with it, which should go a long way towards making my wife happy.

Hmm. I know my friend tried the all the go-to's for plex 4K streaming, and in the end the Shield was really the only one that worked well. What do you use as your Plex transcode server? Would that have anything to do with it? The go-to these days is having a Pascal Quadro to handle the transcode streams I believe.

Latest posts