What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Bartacus

Damn, me no likey the Define 7, bad case for serious loops. Gonna eat a restocking fee on that, *if* I can return it. Lian-Li PC011 is a better case for the cash.

Izerous

Folding Team
Good lord, this is deadly! A decent shot of this stuff mixed with some ginger ale (or in my case, root beer LOL), is like adding a shot of alcohol flavored melted candy cane to the pop. You can barely taste the booze. I have a serious sweet tooth, so having one of these things to sip on while I murder red necks in Far Cry 5 is very nice.

One year at Motion Notion (small scale shambles kind of idea) I was playing with spiked watermelons. The one with tequila a cheap one at that... having to drink it was bad enough trying to chew it and have it stick around in your mouth was horrendous. A friend walked off with it and offered some to random people and I literally heard screaming as people tried it.

So I cut it with JD and well that was barely any more palatable. Mixed in some absinthe and well it seemed to neutralize the tequila and mostly taste like watermelon again to the point a friend was able to eat it by the spoonful.

I have randomly mixed it with other things over the years like goldslauger, kahlua and even at half/half mixes etc the much higher proof of the absinthes isn't noticeable and with some like the tequilla watermelon experiment mellow everything out. Can make some very dangerously high proof shots without it being alcoholly.

Shadowmeph

One year at Motion Notion (small scale shambles kind of idea) I was playing with spiked watermelons. The one with tequila a cheap one at that... having to drink it was bad enough trying to chew it and have it stick around in your mouth was horrendous. A friend walked off with it and offered some to random people and I literally heard screaming as people tried it.

So I cut it with JD and well that was barely any more palatable. Mixed in some absinthe and well it seemed to neutralize the tequila and mostly taste like watermelon again to the point a friend was able to eat it by the spoonful.

I have randomly mixed it with other things over the years like goldslauger, kahlua and even at half/half mixes etc the much higher proof of the absinthes isn't noticeable and with some like the tequilla watermelon experiment mellow everything out. Can make some very dangerously high proof shots without it being alcoholly.
I never liked JD tasted like drinking charcoal allot of Biker friends drank it I think it iwas more because of the name made them Cool or something . I liked a canadian brand of whiskey that I cannot remember the name of because it was pretty uncommon but it was very very smooth . as for the water melon trick taquila not a good option try Vodka or Gin or maybe Bacardi white if you are using tequila make sure it is the good stuff ( pretty darn expensive though) not the battery acid. Iove tequila drank allot of it in my drinking days. I dont drin k now days I can get like William Munny from the movie unforgiven

Izerous

Folding Team
Was experimenting with leftovers and what was on hand. I didn't and wouldn't buy the tequilla or JD that was there.

Lysrin

Drop Alt keyboard from Amazon. Really would have saved maybe $20-$30 from Drop.com and that is in the rare occurrence i didn't get hit w/ duty/taxes.

The Novel Key Sherbet's I put in my Filco are occasionally chattering/double clicking and its annoying af. Not sure if it is the switches themselves, of it is fact that my pcb solder points are in such poor shape. Maybe I'll try to install some of them in the Alt and see.

I've loved the look of the Drop Alts since they introduced them. They are dang pricey though! I had no idea you could get one from Amazon.

Love to know what you think of it when you get it @lowfat

lowfat

Staff member
I've loved the look of the Drop Alts since they introduced them. They are dang price though! Love to know what you think of it when you get it @lowfat
I wanted a silver/grey aluminum case, full rgb, sockets for the switches, and a delete key. Honestly the Alt was the cheapest solution I could find that had all of these. Most of the 'premium' brands don't have full rgb and/or sockets.

KaptCrunch

zero for CC are not returning calls, seems are just selling what on shelves then close the door after stock is depleted

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
A portable Bosch table saw. My garage isn't big enough for a cabinet saw, I'm partial to Bosch tools, and if I need >18" rip I'll go use my Dad's.

Latest posts