What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Lysrin

DELANCLiP Fusion (Wireless) for head tracking. I wanted to get away from having to wear a ball hat with the TrackIR clip on it for long sim sessions so decided to give this one a go. Little pricey with tracked shipping but still less expensive than much of my other sim gear! ;)

And a Foxx Mount for my Warthog throttle. Been using it sitting up on the desk and that is getting uncomfortable!

My sticks already are mounted on original Virpil mounts that are arguably bulky compared to the Foxx Mounts, but I just couldn't bring myself to replace them at this point given the price when the Virpil ones do the job. The Foxx Mounts are definitely one of the better priced mounting options for a known quality product, but still pricey after exchange and shipping.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Unless something screws it up, my wife managed to snag me an Xbox Series X during the 6min they were available from Best Buy.

-ST

sswilson

Staff member
The free 32" TCL tv offer that came with my cell phone showed up in my inbox and had options to "upgrade" the 1080p 32" so I grabbed a 43" 4K @ $134.93 all-in delivered.

Not the best TV in the world, but it's 4K and cost me less than $140. :)

So.......

I had it set up beside my 40" samsung 1080p and really didn't like the screen on the when compared to the Samsung but now that I've got it set up in the basement (primarily as a monitor for music visualizations) I'm wondering if it wasn't the Bell STB upscaling to 4K that made it look like crap..... it looks amazing as a monitor! :)

Vittra

Unless something screws it up, my wife managed to snag me an Xbox Series X during the 6min they were available from Best Buy.

-ST

Shouldn't happen - once you received your order confirmation you are good to go.

There was a huge drop of both PS5 versions and both X Box Series versions yesterday. There's been a trickle of X Box Series since (either new stock, or people cancelling).

Izerous

Folding Team
With the backlighting of the K95 being dead on pretty much every key I finally got fed up with it and this is the first thing besides the URL I have typed on the new keyboard which is a ROG Strix Scope RX. I was looking at the Huntsman TE especially the last couple days while it was on sale but I couldn't bring myself to loose the keypad I use it often enough that the full keyset is important.

So only really going from cherry mx red to optical reds but it does feel and sound different. There is less chatter in the keys and what is there doesn't have the high pitched plasticky sound to it. It feels and sounds like the noise is damped a bit in comparison. I'm looking forward to fiddling around with this a bit more. Even when I bottom out the noise level is just a little bit less. Curious how this will feel over the weeks/months to come.

I'm not sure if will miss the dedicated media keys or not but I do have a volume dial on my headset, speakers, and the function keys are toggleable somehow according to the reviews I just don't recall how to do it. The slightly smaller size is a bit nice as there is now rows of macro keys I stopped using anyways but I'm glad I still have the keypad.

Alpine

Bought 2 10tb hdd for the server at home. Time to change few hdds before faillure .Currently running 5X 3tb in raid 5 since 7 years 24/7.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Shouldn't happen - once you received your order confirmation you are good to go.

There was a huge drop of both PS5 versions and both X Box Series versions yesterday. There's been a trickle of X Box Series since (either new stock, or people cancelling).

Believe it or not it has happened 3 times already (once with EB, and twice with Walmart).

So far so good with BB though.

-ST

Bartacus

Just picked up a monster UPS from Amazon, since the puny little 900W models could not handle my workstation rig. Cyberpower PR1500LCD UPS, 1500W of juice, and around $700 too. Now I can run useless benchmarks with everything OCed without hearing my UPS scream BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

sswilson

Staff member
Just picked up a monster UPS from Amazon, since the puny little 900W models could not handle my workstation rig. Cyberpower PR1500LCD UPS, 1500W of juice, and around $700 too. Now I can run useless benchmarks with everything OCed without hearing my UPS scream BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Heh.... I'm not running a UPS on my main PCs any more (I've got one on my router, and one on my 3D printer) but I very much remember having that issue when I was. :)

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
which UPS? 1500VA are usually 900w but some of the more advanced go as high as 1050w. for 1500w of back up power, you need a 2000VA machine and that moves into requiring a 20A circuit.

Latest posts