What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Bartacus

which UPS? 1500VA are usually 900w but some of the more advanced go as high as 1050w. for 1500w of back up power, you need a 2000VA machine and that moves into requiring a 20A circuit.
I posted the name in the original post, you're wrong. :cool: This is definitely 1500W. I have 3 of the 900W/1500VA ones. This is a big step up.

Izerous

Folding Team
I used to overdraw the one under my desk all the time too alarms kicked in at 1100W. At the time I could not find anything over 1100W that wasn't a 20A circuit. It is nice to know they do exist now though.

Bartacus

TIL you can get 1500w UPS that are 1500VA.

that's le awesome!
It might have something to do with the pure sinewave thing, not sure. I don't understand it completely, and I actually don't have a 1500W source to put it to the real test, but considering the price difference, this damn well BETTER be 1500W, LOL! I can only draw about 980W from it peak, which is dangerously close to tapping out my 1000W EVGA PSU. I think if I *really* uncork PBO, max out all the limits, I could hit 1000W.

But who knows, if I ever get a new GPU (6900XT is on order), then everything changes. My 2080ti gets the boot out of the gaming rig, so I can move that into the workstation, and ditch the dual 1080ti's completely and not need all this power.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
It might have something to do with the pure sinewave thing, not sure. I don't understand it completely, and I actually don't have a 1500W source to put it to the real test, but considering the price difference, this damn well BETTER be 1500W, LOL! I can only draw about 980W from it peak, which is dangerously close to tapping out my 1000W EVGA PSU. I think if I *really* uncork PBO, max out all the limits, I could hit 1000W.

But who knows, if I ever get a new GPU (6900XT is on order), then everything changes. My 2080ti gets the boot out of the gaming rig, so I can move that into the workstation, and ditch the dual 1080ti's completely and not need all this power.
well, it's by no means inexpensive. my list price is $667, while the 900w / 1500VA I bought were quite a bit less than half that.

Soultribunal

Staff member

Usually its the Topology that decides how efficient and such that you get. Interestingly enough they have what would amount to an Online UPS Topology inside a unit that is listed as Line Interactive. That's definitely something for sure. Interesting unit.

-ST

Izerous

Folding Team
My 1100W/1500VA model is pure sine wave as well, actually what my impression is, is that they did something different inside. When I bought mine all of them were at most 2 batteries on 15A. It only jumped up when you reached 20A models. This one you found appears to be big enough to have 4 batteries (probably 2 series pairs) inside instead of just 2 and that might be where they are able to bring the extra wattage from. Twice as many batteries would also explain the large jump in cost. Though a pair of batteries is ~$75 (i just rebuilt a UPS yesterday) and not $300 but it would be an easy justification for the increased price.

FreeKnight

Eyeballing a Breville waffle maker at the Bay. With my bay points and a promo code it's about 10$ more than the intermittently low price amazon gets (lower prices are all pre-2020). Debating on if I want to pick it up or not. I've been watching one for a while, but it's been constantly out of stock since the pandemic, so I'm not sure I'll see a drastically better price anytime soon

Mopower

I worked all through the holidays so I decided to buy myself a few things. New gaming peripherals! Logitech MX518 Legendary, Aikun mechanical keyboard and a set of Plantronics RIG 500 Pro cans.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    277.2 KB · Views: 3
  • rig-500-pro-headset-review-xbox-1.jpg
    rig-500-pro-headset-review-xbox-1.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 3
  • small_mx518_2.jpg
    small_mx518_2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 3

Izerous

Folding Team
Eyeballing a Breville waffle maker at the Bay. With my bay points and a promo code it's about 10$ more than the intermittently low price amazon gets (lower prices are all pre-2020). Debating on if I want to pick it up or not. I've been watching one for a while, but it's been constantly out of stock since the pandemic, so I'm not sure I'll see a drastically better price anytime soon
I will say our waffle maker gets a work out in bursts. Grabbing a model with ceramic coating was worth it too so easy to clean.

I'll make excess and freeze them kids love it for quick breakfast too and taste significantly better than eggo waffles for little effort.

Latest posts