What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

JD

Staff member
Maybe not the most exciting, but new furnace today. Looks like the guys did a good job, everything is clean and tidy. Apparently the venting before was mixed up (exhaust was intake, intake was exhaust), so it was plausible water could enter the furnace. Had them run 6 wires to my Ecobee too so that it can control the staging. So far so good, seems to be keeping the house more consistent as it's running mostly in stage 1.

1614711519336.png

Lysrin

Maybe not the most exciting, but new furnace today. Looks like the guys did a good job, everything is clean and tidy. Apparently the venting before was mixed up (exhaust was intake, intake was exhaust), so it was plausible water could enter the furnace. Had them run 6 wires to my Ecobee too so that it can control the staging. So far so good, seems to be keeping the house more consistent as it's running mostly in stage 1.

View attachment 30852
Wow 5950 and a new furnace! Hot times in the @JD household! :D

Bartacus

So zee Germans (Alphacool) released a GPU block for the Asus TUF 6800XT, which just so happens to also fit my TUF 6900XT (woohoo!!). Get this: I ordered this thing last Wednesday, direct from Germany (sorry Daz!), and it landed today, 6 days later, in Canada in the middle of a pandemic. Thank god COVID is keeping the airplanes free of people, so they can ship stuff this quick, LOL!

It kinda looks like WALL-E's inbred country cousin, but if it performs well, I won't care:

This big mofo is about to go on a diet:

Goodbye and good riddance to yet another air cooler, it will not be missed:

Boom, done:

Significantly slimmer, but still weighs a ton:

Bartacus

It's glorious! After upping the power limit to 375W, setting the core max to 2750mhz, memory clock at 2150mhz (max) with fast timings enabled, the WORST temps I've seen were 45C on the GPU, 64C on the junction temp (looping Time Spy Extreme stress tests). This block ROCKS! The install instructions are idiot proof, and it might be the easiest GPU block install I've ever done. Alphacool has officially impressed me!

FreeKnight

818VLN7WdxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Actually have a SF600 already, but figured between the Ryzen 5900x and the 2080Ti a little extra size might not do me any harm. Hoping the SF750 can run fanless most of the time

sswilson

Staff member

Ordered a second set of 2X16 D50s while there's still a good chance that they're dual rank. Same price I paid on Amazon.ca early January so they haven't been hit by the most recent surge in pricing (or maybe they were already there when I bought them in January... ;) ).

edit: also ordered 2 sets of R/L angle USB 3.0 header adapters in the hopes of shoehorning a full ATX board into the lian-li without having to redo my loop (the bottom rad interferes with the typically "tall" case USB 3.0 cable

Last edited:

Latest posts