What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
amd ryzen 9 5900x Ncase M1 v6 $1300 Cad shipped not too bad now i got a project for itx watercooling, and my Asus Dark Hero Build can go on the Test bench then in Rig.

JD

Staff member
Ohh nice ! Where from??
PC-Canada as well, though nary a word from them about it. No email saying it shipped, but since I'm signed up for UPS MyChoice, I got a notice saying a package was coming today... Said it was from Synnex though, picked up at midnight and came same-day seemingly.

It's relatively small and light though, I guess it makes sense since there's 3 less 3.5" bays and no internal PSU, but makes it seem so diminutive.

Gotta shuffle off all my data though since I figure I will format and start from scratch as I'll move to QTS Hero (does the 873A support that too?)

Entz

PC-Canada as well, though nary a word from them about it. No email saying it shipped, but since I'm signed up for UPS MyChoice, I got a notice saying a package was coming today... Said it was from Synnex though, picked up at midnight and came same-day seemingly.

It's relatively small and light though, I guess it makes sense since there's 3 less 3.5" bays and no internal PSU, but makes it seem so diminutive.

Gotta shuffle off all my data though since I figure I will format and start from scratch as I'll move to QTS Hero (does the 873A support that too?)
Sounds like they dropped shipped it, which I think is normal for PC-Canada. Yes it does , it runs Hero or normal QTS (looks like you choose at setup time).

How long was yours on back order for?

JD

Staff member
How long was yours on back order for?
Not long really, ordered on Feb 15 as I just figured it would arrive sometime in the summer. There's still one of the 8G models in stock in Canada it seems if anyone wants one ;)

Alpine

Just spend few (alot) buck to switch from a oil heated water tank to a electric water tank. We've been lucky, when we remove the old one we saw few holes under because of rust. So, we didin't have to bother with a water disaster.

FreeKnight

1615562247939.jpegOrdered up one of the Oru folding kayaks. I live about a 5 minute walk from the sturgeon river so figured between that and having to head to Jasper and Van a few times this year for work I should get some good use out of it.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Picked up a Dewalt DW735 planer off the local Facebook marketplace for half the cost of new. Needs some new blades but otherwise in near-new condition. Now I have to get some more ceiling rack storage to make more room in my tool corner, and build a mobile cart for it. It's 92 lbs, a pretty beefy lift I don't want to do very often with back issues.

FreeKnight

Picked up a Dewalt DW735 planer off the local Facebook marketplace for half the cost of new. Needs some new blades but otherwise in near-new condition. Now I have to get some more ceiling rack storage to make more room in my tool corner, and build a mobile cart for it. It's 92 lbs, a pretty beefy lift I don't want to do very often with back issues.
That dewalt is supposed to be an amazing planer. I ended up buying a rigid last year, but would have gone with the DW735 if the price hadn't been so steep new.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
You can't find them in stock anywhere local. So I've been watching for a decent used one to pop up. I've already ordered the extension tables, they're supposed to help lessen sniping.

I'm thinking about building a flip-top cart, jointer on one side and planer on the other. Now the only tool I don't have that I want is a bandsaw. :)

Entz

Not long really, ordered on Feb 15 as I just figured it would arrive sometime in the summer. There's still one of the 8G models in stock in Canada it seems if anyone wants one ;)
I think you are a bad influence (;) rubber arm and all that) but I like what I seen in your review so far performance wise etc. So I put in a pre-order a TS-873A . Now the wait begins

Reactions: JD

Latest posts