What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

sswilson

Staff member
'Gratz on the ps5!!!!!

Bought one of these cases as a cheap (it was in fact the least expensive I could find) mATX option that had small outer dimensions without being an expensive niche product.

It's going to work as expected, but damn.... if you ever need a reminder of how far we've come in making PC cases relatively easy to work in, try doing a build in one of these!!!! :)

clshades

Three sheets of maple veneer plywood and some shelf brackets. Custom building a desk for my son's new computer. Everything is pretty well cut and built. Just need to get some wood filler and stain it. Funny how a 1000 dollar budget became 2000 lol...

dragoonxx

'Gratz on the ps5!!!!!

Bought one of these cases as a cheap (it was in fact the least expensive I could find) mATX option that had small outer dimensions without being an expensive niche product.

It's going to work as expected, but damn.... if you ever need a reminder of how far we've come in making PC cases relatively easy to work in, try doing a build in one of these!!!! :)
yeah, it's always interesting working in "nice" cases, and then going to something cheap (or even modern case vs few year old). im sure my meshify 2 will make my corsair 330r feel like garbage in comparison

crazyea

And the days not even half over yet.

Turned 47 the other day and my eyesight has tanked.

Bought myself a pair of glasses with Varilux X progressive lenses.

Welcome back to the land of the seeing. Ha! banana

djbrad

Raspberry PI 4 to replace the old RPI2 as bedroom media player. No h.265 support by the RPI2, and the slow navigation to the emby client to play those files, enough.

MARSTG

Lenovo M910q Tiny, bought here from a member. Very happy with it so far. 1.0 L in size ! ( i5-6500T, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB NVME SSD 3GB/s read 1.5 GB/s write, super quiet ).

Izerous

Folding Team
That dewalt is supposed to be an amazing planer. I ended up buying a rigid last year, but would have gone with the DW735 if the price hadn't been so steep new.
Picked up a Dewalt DW735 planer off the local Facebook marketplace for half the cost of new. Needs some new blades but otherwise in near-new condition. Now I have to get some more ceiling rack storage to make more room in my tool corner, and build a mobile cart for it. It's 92 lbs, a pretty beefy lift I don't want to do very often with back issues.

The price is the only reason I have not picked up one myself. I do enough things around here that a planer and a jointer would go a long way. I want to try building a few things like cupboards and other things. I'm not sure with the cupboard that I'll be able to build kitchen quality but I'd like to try. Some furniture items and other thing, desk from scratch etc.

You can't find them in stock anywhere local. So I've been watching for a decent used one to pop up. I've already ordered the extension tables, they're supposed to help lessen sniping.

I'm thinking about building a flip-top cart, jointer on one side and planer on the other. Now the only tool I don't have that I want is a bandsaw. :)

He has a weird sense of humor I like his videos in general but I specifically like his approach to the flip cart.

great_big_abyss

8GB of DDR3 SODIMM RAM. The kid's laptop (HP Elitebook, i5 3320M, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD) was performing poorly, not playing Netflix smoothly, lagging a lot on Roblox, basically all simple tasks that it should be able to handle. When I bought it for her before XMAS I identified the 4GB of RAM as needing to be upgraded sometime in the near future, and I was right. Her system was using 100% of system memory. Found 2x4GB sticks of DDR3 1333Mhz SODIMM on Kijiji for $30. They turned out to be Corsair, too. Nice. Swapped them in for the single 4GB stick that was already in there. Problem solved.

I'll list the 4GB stick on Kijiji for $30 and try to make back what I spent on her new RAM.

Eldonko

Last thing I got was a 3060 on launch day. Wanted a 3070 but basically impossible to get. SMH at the GPU market :cautious:

lowfat

Staff member
Dream Machine DM2 Comfy S. Uses the same body as my Naos. When I bought my new old stock Naos last year, I wanted the DM but couldn't get one in Canada. It ships from Austria but at least I can get one.