What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

crazyea

2 Cheap heatsinks for my SSD's. My Unraid server. They work well so far. 6c off on idle.

Attachments

• IMG-1378.jpg
    IMG-1378.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 17

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Some sweatproof bluetooth earbuds for my workouts from Amazon. I'm amazed, $29.11 taxes in and same day delivery.

Izerous

Folding Team
Not my latest purchase per se, but my son bought a Secret Labs Titan and man that's a nice chair. Kind of makes me want one too! Make my creaky staples brand gaming chair look/feel like junk in comparison. But then again mine was $150 and his was $600 so it should.
Been really happy with my titan chair as well, lumbar instead of pillow was one of the selling points for me too. Still a pillow for headrest though. I got mine however for around $350 shipped with boxing day deals or something like that not the $600 you mentioned. And having gone black with black stitching it doesn't stand out like a lot of the other gamery chairs. I sat in pretty much every chair at staples and any other store I could think of.

crazyea

Been really happy with my titan chair as well, lumbar instead of pillow was one of the selling points for me too. Still a pillow for headrest though. I got mine however for around $350 shipped with boxing day deals or something like that not the $600 you mentioned. And having gone black with black stitching it doesn't stand out like a lot of the other gamery chairs. I sat in pretty much every chair at staples and any other store I could think of.
I think the Omegas were on sale and he got a Titan. Unfortunately its not boxing day and the pandemic has pushed prices up.

For me I think I would get an XL because I want a little more room in the seat and shoulder area. Plus the heavy duty hardware.

Izerous

Folding Team
The drop of 5600x processors at my local MemEx was tempting but didn't feel like a real upgrade from a 2700x. The 5800x I just brought home (with $50 discount) was too hard to pass up.

Was tempted to hold out for 5900/5950 but price difference and inventory or lack there of hard to justify.

crazyea

The drop of 5600x processors at my local MemEx was tempting but didn't feel like a real upgrade from a 2700x. The 5800x I just brought home (with $50 discount) was too hard to pass up.

Was tempted to hold out for 5900/5950 but price difference and inventory or lack there of hard to justify.
Plus they make it easy for you to decide if you need to build a pc right away. lol

Izerous

Folding Team
Plus they make it easy for you to decide if you need to build a pc right away. lol
No fresh build simple CPU swap. 2700x out 5800x in and now I'm unlikely to touch the motherboard/ram/cpu for the next 3-4 years.

More liekly to swap out the PSU or GPU than any other component now. Already spun up with new CPU in place started running some smoke tests with CTR to see what it will do. I think i hit 4.6GHz on all cores and fans ramped up to medium to keep it at 60'c but was getting late and not about to let that run unattended overnight.

sswilson

Staff member
Took a fit and completed my early 2021 PC buying spree with a Dell G5 5700 XT desktop (500W w/ clear door model). It's a sad state of affairs when the only way to get your hands on a GPU is a pre-built.

That said, I'm looking forward to playing with it.... they're a super small package so chances are I'll need to do some kind of cooling modifications, but I don't mind doing a bit of work to get it working well.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
got a ntofication on misc parts from a discord group scooped up a 750w sfx corsair psu for $199. amazon 3rd party has em up to $400 lol. and best buy had a deal on a VA 32" Freesync curve 1440p monitor $400 bought that in a hurry as gsync is fake or doesnt work anymore.

Izerous

Folding Team
Evga x17 mouse... not because of the 8000hz polling rate but because it was on sale (~$65ish) and the second mamba's scroll wheel is getting more and more wonky actually causing frustration. Weird going to a wired only mouse again so much lighter.

Latest posts