What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

JD

Staff member
At what point though do you get your ROI back on something that is literally a lottery though.
I wouldn't advise anyone to purposefully buy hardware for it, but if you have a couple TB of space lingering around already, why not fill it? My ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB that I'm using, started at 87% health, now down to 84%. That's 5.84TB of plots made. So as lowfat said, I don't think it's as damaging when you are just doing it as a "side project". It's only the big farmers that are going to burn through SSDs.

On the flipside though, makes me wonder if all this "mining" is just to drive demand and keep companies/factories busy and the economy going. People have a lot of cash on hand these days (supposedly) from not going out, buying clothes, personal care, etc. Also why there's been a boom of "retail investors" too. Everyone is looking for alternative revenue streams and possibly not having to return to work as they've become used to this "new normal".

Entz

Yeah I have like 10TB of space sitting around im not using so figured what the heck, though I am not using SSDs to plot. As mentioned until pools start it is quite literally a lottery.

Reddit seems to say 300-400TB is the recommended starting place if you want to make any kind of ROI but even then. Some people with 5 plots have won , some doing 100 a day after buying 30K in hardware have 0.

I don't like what its going to do to the storage market.

FreeKnight

$300 worth of tomatoes, strawberries and rhubarb at Greenland garden center. Also got a Haksap (Canadian honeyberry) tree set which I've always wanted to try but have never seen for sale anywhere. Not even sure I'll like them but I'm curious enough to plant them.

sswilson

Staff member

I'm not one for pre-ordering games, but I couldn't resist.... praying that it's relatively easy to configure for a portrait mode monitor.

crazyea

Needed smallish speakers for my desktop.

I had a pair of Kanto YU4 but I wasn't too impressed with the sound, they were a bit too big for my space, and was not interested in getting a sub either. Very boomy.

So I bought this set: Bose Companion 20

I am actually very impressed. I know Bose get's a hard time, but these speakers sound very good to me. Much better than the Kanto. And they don't take up a lot of space.

lowfat

Staff member
Dell G5 w/ i5-10400F or something like that + RTX 3060 Ti. Don't care about anything else it has. Will become my new server.

anabioz

Picked up two DROP ENTR (white) keyboards brand new in box for $222 TOTAL!.

I must say these are AMAZING mechanical keyboards (TKL).