What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

Lysrin

They go on sale fairly frequently but finally bought an Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet, 2021 model, $134.99 deal. Mostly bought it for using GameGlass with Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous, but I'll use it for the usual YouTube, Netflix, etc. consumption.

I also picked up 12 Kasa Smart Plugs. Tired of running around and turning on all the window Christmas lights by hand! (yes... total first world problem). Should have asked on here which ones to buy but it was a bit of an impulse purchase when doing the Christmas decorating last night and seemed like a decent price drop. TP-Link product I believe so hopefully that are good. Time for a separate network for my smart stuff at this point...

sswilson

Staff member
They go on sale fairly frequently but finally bought an Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet, 2021 model, $134.99 deal. Mostly bought it for using GameGlass with Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous, but I'll use it for the usual YouTube, Netflix, etc. consumption.

I also picked up 12 Kasa Smart Plugs. Tired of running around and turning on all the window Christmas lights by hand! (yes... total first world problem). Should have asked on here which ones to buy but it was a bit of an impulse purchase when doing the Christmas decorating last night and seemed like a decent price drop. TP-Link product I believe so hopefully that are good. Time for a separate network for my smart stuff at this point...

GameGlass looks really cool!!!! Glad to see somebody brought a tablet control app to market.

How long has it been out?

edit: Subscription?????? :(

Lysrin

GameGlass looks really cool!!!! Glad to see somebody brought a tablet control app to market.

How long has it been out?

edit: Subscription?????? :(
It's been out a couple of years now I think? It was an Indigogo project and it is Canadian made which is cool.

Some of it is free, or you can pay for the shards you want individually, or you can go subscription. I am a lifetime backer from the Indigogo campaign so I get everything and don't have to pay any more. It was a a bit of a gamble but seemed such a perfect solution and ended up being a good investment now that the product has been successful lol.

You can run shards (screens of functionality essentially) on any screen you have; laptops, tablets, cell phone, etc. So you can get MFDs essentially on any tech you have around. I was going to buy two 8" Fire tablets, but the GameGlass guys just did a video comparing the performance on various tablets, older iPads, etc. and the 10" version seemed the best bang for the buck. I'll see how this one does and maybe add another 10" next sale ;)

I've even run GameGlass off my daughter's Chromebook. Works fine there too but that is desk space used up by extra unneeded keyboards.

FreeKnight

I hadn't heard of gameglass, which isn't too surprising given I don't play ED or SC, but it's a product that has a potentially a lot of uses. I could see it complementing gamepad playing especially. On a MMO that has controller support like FFXIV (which will apparently have support soon for gameglass) it should really help offset some of the limitations of a controller.

Hell even some single-player games with large crafting or sub-menus could benefit from it.

sswilson

Staff member
The screenshot that grabbed my attention the most was the one that had a tablet with a switch panel on one side of the monitor, and a cell phone in portrait mode showing something along the lines of a forward scanning radar plot on the other side.

Izerous

Folding Team
On Mac the anchoring isn't working as well but I found a free plug-in that seems to address it to act a bit better.

It isn't perfect but it is better than the default OSX behaviour. I saw some paid options but figure I'll try this first.

Lysrin

I hadn't heard of gameglass, which isn't too surprising given I don't play ED or SC, but it's a product that has a potentially a lot of uses. I could see it complementing gamepad playing especially. On a MMO that has controller support like FFXIV (which will apparently have support soon for gameglass) it should really help offset some of the limitations of a controller.

Hell even some single-player games with large crafting or sub-menus could benefit from it.
Yup, it has a lot of uses now. And you can even create your own custom shards in the latest versions. So it's a pretty great tool.

I'm sure we've commented on GameGlass on here before, but perhaps not in threads you guys were following.

Edit: well... I searched and it didn't come up in the forum threads. I could have sworn we discussed it...

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I noticed that the slider piece on the strap on my AKG headphones is broken, which has led me down a dark and dangerous path. I've now got some Sennheiser HD6XX headphones ordered from Drop.com, and I'll probably have to change out my headphone dac/amp after they arrive as I don't think my GSX 1000 will do well pushing 300 ohm headphones. We'll see.