What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Whats your latest purchase?

sswilson

Staff member
One more comment on this and then I'll stop poluting the What's Your Latest Purchase thread. Still no luck confirming dual or single rank. I made my way into the bowls of the TeamGroup website and found the RAM, even downloaded the related PDF for specs, and nothing there mentions the rank spec.

I did find one seller site, memoryc.com (never heard of it before) listing the 32GB kit (2x16GB) of the same RAM as "Dual Channel" in their description, so perhaps the increases the odds of the larger 64GB kit being dual rank, but I can't confirm it in anything official from the company.

So I'll have to wait and see what it ends up being when things are up and running.

Dual Channel vs Dual Rank. Not the same thing.

It'll be what it is when it arrives. Dual Rank is preferred if you're only running 2 sticks but there's not much you can do about it if you can't get the sticks.

When this first came out, a good portion of the 16 GB sticks were dual rank, but over time higher density mem chips came out and it was cheaper for the manufacturers to do them as single rank. I'm not sure if we're at that point with 32 GB sticks yet.

Lysrin

It'll be what it is when it arrives. Dual Rank is preferred if you're only running 2 sticks but there's not much you can do about it if you can't get the sticks.

When this first came out, a good portion of the 16 GB sticks were dual rank, but over time higher density mem chips came out and it was cheaper for the manufacturers to do them as single rank. I'm not sure if we're at that point with 32 GB sticks yet.
Ah right. I forgot that significant distinction. Not interchangable terms, so that site's info doesn't help clarify it at all.

Lysrin

One article I read, published in Apr 2022, stated that a DDR4 32GB single rank memory module "does not exist at the moment." So we'll see I guess!

Lysrin

No first hand experience, but I believe I read on redflagdeals that someone said it was on the receipt...maybe...
Just to close this off, yes the code is on the receipt, but prepare yourself to be patient and follow the bouncing ball to get your reward! Better than paying for the game I guess but wowy.

In case you've never embarked on this magical journey, here are the general steps so you can be prepared:

1. Got to CanadaComputers redeem site and enter receipt code. That generates another code.
2. Got to AMD site. Oops... you need an account to redeem. So create new account.
3. Enter the code from CanadaComputers. Nope, you need the product verification tool to prove you are using the reward related product. Fine.
4. Download and run the product verification tool. Generates another code :D
5. Follow several more steps and a survey to complete the AMD portion.
6. Go over to the Relic site, the game creator, to claim with the last code. Oops... need another new account here! Create account and log in.
7. Go to Relic rewards section and enter the code. Oops... need to link Relic account to Steam. Link to Steam.
8. That generates another code! :) Go over to Steam and redeem the code to get the game.

Whew! Quite the process they've come up with!

Bond007

Just to close this off, yes the code is on the receipt, but prepare yourself to be patient and follow the bouncing ball to get your reward! Better than paying for the game I guess but wowy.

In case you've never embarked on this magical journey, here are the general steps so you can be prepared:

1. Got to CanadaComputers redeem site and enter receipt code. That generates another code.
2. Got to AMD site. Oops... you need an account to redeem. So create new account.
3. Enter the code from CanadaComputers. Nope, you need the product verification tool to prove you are using the reward related product. Fine.
4. Download and run the product verification tool. Generates another code :D
5. Follow several more steps and a survey to complete the AMD portion.
6. Go over to the Relic site, the game creator, to claim with the last code. Oops... need another new account here! Create account and log in.
7. Go to Relic rewards section and enter the code. Oops... need to link Relic account to Steam. Link to Steam.
8. That generates another code! :) Go over to Steam and redeem the code to get the game.

Whew! Quite the process they've come up with!
A seamless and refined process...wonderful. Sarcasm aside, I am glad you were able to get the game eventually. Let us know how it is.

JD

Staff member
Pixel Watch in stainless steel with grey band. It was a bit cheaper on Amazon and well I've been having some health issues of late. Was at the doctor yesterday and was all inconclusive. Figure this might help me track some data and let's me do an ECG test every now and then.

Lysrin

Pixel Watch in stainless steel with grey band. It was a bit cheaper on Amazon and well I've been having some health issues of late. Was at the doctor yesterday and was all inconclusive. Figure this might help me track some data and let's me do an ECG test every now and then.
Sorry about the health issues! Look forward to hearing what you think about the watch.

Latest posts