What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what's your stereo setup?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
this would be both for at your PC, your TV(s) and 'listening space', if you have one.

also, does anyone here have any experience with Axiom's products? they're a Canadian speaker manufacturer and they've caught my eye.

in actually, there are quite a few speaker manufacturers in Canada.

Entz

I am a bit of a Paradigm fanboy so yes go Canada!

HT setup is currently Paradigm Millenia 30 LCR + my old Paradigm Monitor 7 v6 fronts as rears. Stole the original surround atoms for my desk. Amp is an Onkyo TX-NR709. Had this setup for a while and has served me well.

Desk is Paradigm Atom v2 with a Topping PA3 amp. Topping DX3 Pro as the DAC and headphone amp for my HE400S headset.
That would be my main listening space.

For NC and TV viewing when the AC is on etc. I have a set of Bose QC35 II which excel at that.

Cptn Vortex

Yamaha RX-V485 and Stereo Sansui S-930c Towers. Running through my PC via Optical SPDIF at the moment (HDMI cable is too short since getting a new desk and moving the PC)

lowfat

Staff member
PC:
NAD D 3020
2 x Athena AS-B1 bookshelves

HT:
Pioneer VSX-832
Kef iQ6c center
4 x Kef iQ1 bookshelves
Have a pair of Kef iQ9's but one of the drivers needs to be replaced. Haven't bothered since I've had basement neighbours. Plus had issues sourcing the driver.

Last edited:

clshades

Tv: Onkyo 7.2 Dolby atmos with soundstage speakers through out. This will be my last Onkyo as the phone remote control apps don't work well.

PC: re-purposed Bose 2.1 with Logitech pro headset via usb. Less noise feed back on the usb port than plugging directly to MOBO.

sswilson

Staff member
I'm a long time Polk fan rocking a vintage set of SDA 1C towers, and then a pair of RTi A1s, and a pair of RTi4s powered by relatively cheap onkyo receivers. My better half doesn't really care so long as it's loud enough for movie viewing so the main HT setup is a Denon receiver powering a relatively mediocre set of Onkyo HT speakers.

FreeKnight

Still running my Corsair SP2500 set, they've got to be nearly 10 years old now. It'll be a sad day when they finally get retired.

lowfat

Staff member
Tv: Onkyo 7.2 Dolby atmos with soundstage speakers through out. This will be my last Onkyo as the phone remote control apps don't work well.

PC: re-purposed Bose 2.1 with Logitech pro headset via usb. Less noise feed back on the usb port than plugging directly to MOBO.
Controlling any AV via a touchscreen just don't make a lick of sense to me. It is almost as bad as having to use a touchscreen for HVAC in a vehicle.

clshades

Controlling any AV via a touchscreen just don't make a lick of sense to me. It is almost as bad as having to use a touchscreen for HVAC in a vehicle.
When the kids lose the remote then it's handy 👍
It's easier to swap the sound output from music to theatre with the app too.

The other thing I didn't mention is the Onkyos are high powered receivers. Next time I'd go with a low powered reciever with an amp. Longer life better sound.

Prickly007

PC: Yamaha A-S301 & Klipsch Reference Premiere 160s
TV: Yamaha RX-V385* & Klipsch Reference Premiere 250s

* Not exactly a Yamaha fanboy; the V385 was the best option that Costco had (at the time), I needed their return policy as, after moving into the new house, I had doubts as to whether the tower speakers were still practical.