What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Where to assemble a computer?

Boldeagle

Just make sure you turn the system off. then unplug but then attempt to power on again (hit the on switch). This will remove residual power lying within your capacitors, circuits and other components.

Wein13

Oh and one more thing. Remember my personal golden rule. When doing work....keep the spouse or significant other away. Their insatiable curiousity and desire to help can lead to catastrophic results :doh:
That's a good point, as my one roommate will undoubtedly want to "just take a look" . . . :shok:

RCKage

Does your room mate have a tendency to walk around with a drink? Im just saying.......i can picture it already. *shiver*

Wein13

lol, no. He's just . . curious, shall we say? I will be sure to lay down the law before beginning however. No Touching My Computer!

Wein13

lol, I'll probably just go with the threat of bodily harm and pissing in his cheerios. I am paranoid about it . . I really don't want to fry one of my brand new components (which I ordered last night), but I think I might go with building it in the bathroom lol

Wein13

`cause water and electronics mix real well?
No, because it has a linoleum floor that isn't conductive :)

I may go with sitting on a wood chair and building the computer on my wooden table, and maybe put some cardboard between my feet and the carpet. Would that work, do we think?

enaberif

No, because it has a linoleum floor that isn't conductive :)

I may go with sitting on a wood chair and building the computer on my wooden table, and maybe put some cardboard between my feet and the carpet. Would that work, do we think?
May not be conductive but it can be more prone to static buildup than people think.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Just don't wear wool socks and stand on carpet at the same time. A pair of shoes on a wooden table, case closed... if you really want to, you can touch the case everytime you handle parts.