What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Where to assemble a computer?

Tazer-[X]

Personally, I can build em on a bathroom sink, and the staircase landing, standing up IN THE PC STORE! LoL. It dont really matter.

Tazer-[X]

THe thing aoubt building a PC is that, you cant mess up. Jsut go and touch the cat and get the static zap out! THan, remember, thats its all color coded these days. ANd, you cant stuff a stick of ram in backwards, or upside down. And dont worry bout that cable management stuffs for a while, till your totally comfy with a tear down and rebuild.

JD

Staff member
THe thing aoubt building a PC is that, you cant mess up. Jsut go and touch the cat and get the static zap out! THan, remember, thats its all color coded these days. ANd, you cant stuff a stick of ram in backwards, or upside down. And dont worry bout that cable management stuffs for a while, till your totally comfy with a tear down and rebuild.
You'd be surprised...

You may think its all easy and only fits one way but other people have a real hard time comprehending that. They'll just keep applying force until it goes together....

Wein13

I've installed upgrades in my computers - RAM, hard drives, video cards. But I've never worked with a mobo, CPU, CPU Cooler, or PSU. That's the stuff that worries me more, especially mobo into case and CPU cooler onto CPU.

SugarJ

Staff member
Mobo into case is easy. Note holes in mobo, make sure you have stand-off's (little brass nuts with screw holes) in your case where the mobo holes are. Put back-plate into hole, place mobo in, insert screws into standoffs.

I suggest you mount your CPU and HSF before putting mobo into case, also connect 4 or 8 pin CPU power before, it can be a tight fit for your hands with cooler on.

Everything has to have power and data. That's my standard double-check before the oh sh!t moment when you hit the power button.

Tazer-[X]

A good bbackplate for a good back plane, back in the day LoL. Used to have like little holes drilled em right? Thats where you bolt the backplane to the backplate. BUt, first, beside those little holes, their used to be little arrows, and some of them say things like ATX, mATX, and the other formats for boards. So, jsut for you to know, sometimes its good, to line up your plate, and than balance your mobo infront of it, than hang it beside your case. There have been times SOME system builders put it all together and found it to be not aligned LoL ( not refering to meself )