What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Where to buy [enter component here]?

sswilson

Staff member
I think they might be available through amazon... the key here is that I'm trying to get as much free shipping out of my prime trial as possible. (I can also see why folks who might order quite a bit every year would find prime appealing... ;) ).

I may not end up ordering another cable though... I'm looking at my desk setup and thinking that I might be able to change how my hutch is configured so that it'll work with my current desk orientation.

sswilson

Staff member
I think they might be available through amazon... the key here is that I'm trying to get as much free shipping out of my prime trial as possible. (I can also see why folks who might order quite a bit every year would find prime appealing... ;) ).

I may not end up ordering another cable though... I'm looking at my desk setup and thinking that I might be able to change how my hutch is configured so that it'll work with my current desk orientation.

Yeah... I no longer have the requirement for silly long cables... I took the morning and dis/re-assembled my hutch so that it works with my current desktop orientation. (I also figured out why the bloody "overclock" of 165hz wasn't sticking when I selected it in the OSD).

KaptCrunch

Anyone know where I can buy high quality specialty screws? For example something esoteric like black or black nickle flat top counter sunk phillips M3 @ 8mm length?

I found some stainless steel stuff on ebay and amazon but it was horrible quality (bend off angle heads, etc). Wasted $30 so far. I tried googling a bit but all I could find are USA and UK only places, but nothing Canadian.

try BRAFASCO or

Spaenaur they in Kitchener, waterloo

turtletrax

Banned
Do you guys have a recommendation for a desktop USB 3.1/USB C hub with at least one Qualcomm quick charge 3 port?

My case has no front ports for silly reasons and my predator has the most awkward placement for its ports, and I am getting too old and stiff to crawl to the back of my case.

Tia!!

Groove

Looking for some Dupont Krytox GPL 205 lubricant. It's for a sunroof, lubricating the tracks and the rubber seals, some people swear by it but I can't find any anywhere beside on amazon.com (available on .ca but reseller prices are insane).

Anyone have an idea where to get some or alternatively something similar?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Maybe an alternative?
c3bf8bde-aa49-4001-91c1-89a33ccd7247.jpg._CB283464920_.jpg

Also, found this thread with lots of info: VWVortex.com - Maintaing Eos top seals/weatherstrip with DuPont Krytox Lubricant

We use GPL203 for all seals at work on our aircraft, hence the high price from DuPont.

Canada shipping is available from the amazon.com link, and price is not too bad: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00MWLDALQ/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_size_name=0&mv_style_name=0

Groove

Thanks Charlie, that link on the VWVortex forum is quite informative!

I guess I'll order it from amazon.com, it's a bit pricey for such a small tube but from what I've been reading you really don't need a lot for one application so one tube may last a while.

I'm curious why it's so hard to get if its "that" good though? I was also trying to find an alternative, such as some kind of silicon paste but couldn't find anything beside silicon lube in a spray can.

Latest posts