What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Which 1070 to buy ?

sumik

I'm never into overclocking so would prefer one that is already overclocked from factory.
Also it will be one gpu in a big case, so good airflow.

I have my eye on MSI Gamig X, EVGA SC, or Asus Strix but this one is still unavailable.
What sets these apart to make my choice easier ?

sswilson

Staff member
I'm never into overclocking so would prefer one that is already overclocked from factory.

I have my eye on MSI Gamig X, EVGA SC, or Asus Strix but this one is still unavailable.

Depending on where you want to purchase, newegg apparently has an exclusive line called "Gaming" as opposed to "Gaming X" that appears to be identical to the X in all but name.

Just checked and while the 1080 model saves $40 over the "X" version, the 1070 model only has a savings of $5 so it might not be worthwhile.

guilly

I'm in the same situation.... are any of these in stock anywhere? Everywhere I look they're always out of stock....

Mastabutts

The strix line have always been solid cards, and honestly if you're not super interested in overclocking you might just want to ignore the spec sheets and go with one you think looks pretty and has the best warranty coverage, as judging by a lot of the benchmarks for all the various cards the performance gaps aren't big enough to lose sleep over. Unless you like 1-4 fps is huge.

Overclocking might be something you'd want to look into for these cards though, as it looks like you can push as much as an extra 10 fps of performance out of them. That being a big deal if you're up into the 1440p-4k area and sinking to sub 60fps levels. If not, then overclocking would obviously be even less of a big deal for you.

PhiDelt

I have the Zotac 1070 Amp. This is my 3rd Zotac over the years. Never had a issue with them. Give them a shot.