What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Which Anti-virus do you use

tyreman

I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I just pick up a copy of the ol' norton when it goes on sale- rather unimaginative, I know, but easy and locally available. I did some research before I bought it las time and decided I was going to get Kaspersky, but next thing I knew, I found myself wandering in that shop.....

How resource demanding are those utilities? that's why I want to divorce norton- it's so obnoxious with it dozens of little @#@$ processes running all the time- and hard to shut down when you want performance.

I actually bought norton av2007 and mulched it after a month in the shredder:biggrin:

Kilauea

I used AVG, Kasperky, Avira and Avast...

I can say that in order from first to last, I prefer:
Kaspersky
Avira and Avast tied
AVG

Of course after AVG comes Norton and others, but since I didn't use them...

Nodscene

I also don't use anything in the way of antivirus or firewall. When I'm working on clients computers and Symantec is complaining about trojans, spyware etc I always run Superantispyware (yes, all one word). Fantastic free program that gets rid of a lot of garbarge. Doesn't get rid of everything but it's impressive nonetheless.

klaiboi

Avast FTW

ive also been hearing good things about AVG i will have to try that some time

NOD is supposidly on of the best it cost about 10$ a year if you buy it on sale at NCIX.com... too bad it only goes on sale 1-2 a year

misterlarry

Paid too much money for too many years to Symantec and Norton's last incarnation (Norton 360) wouldn't even work. Now use Avast because it's free and 64 bit. Works great for me so far!

:thumb:

Jmac

Paid too much money for too many years to Symantec and Norton's last incarnation (Norton 360) wouldn't even work. Now use Avast because it's free and 64 bit. Works great for me so far!

:thumb:
I get Norton, McAfee, and Live OneCare free through my job and I still won't use any of them ... I paid to have Kaspersky on all 5 of my computers :p

Now if only Kaspersky would start giving me free stuff ... :doh:

ineedaname

Almost all anti virus programs pissed me off for one reason or another so I don't even use any anymore. There's so many free online scanners that I just use those 2 avoid putting more crap on my computer.

Sometimes I dunno wuts worse the virus or the anti virus.

Twitter