What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

which CPU block

which is the better CPU water block

• HEATKILLER IV PRO

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • EK-Velocity Nickel + Acetal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gingerbee

I have been out of the water cooling game for over 10 years and just need a little help on which block, have heard many good things about both.
I think acetal is better than plexiglass but I have used both over time with no problems

Thanks for any and data

lowfat

Staff member
I just can't recommend EK products anymore. Every block I've owned had degraded so badly. Both the acrylic and nickel. I have 4 blocks ATM and they are all garbage.

Izerous

Folding Team
Koolance was always my favorite but they are harder to source within Canada more than ever before and it is hard to justify the extra customs fees etc.

Because of this all my last bits and pieces were either Darkside (dazmode) or watercool (heatkiller)

Entz

I have always loved Raystorms . Previous build had one running for what like 6+ years on the 3930K. I ordered a AM4 XSPC Raystorm Pro for my current build but haven't used it yet -- decided to try barrow combo which has some downsides. When I redo my loop with a top rad now that people have figured it out-- I will use it. Had to order it from the states but that was also back in the fall when you couldn't get anything

JD

Staff member
Those Optimus PC ones look pretty nice, but long wait times for AMD blocks. They do have a 10% off sale this weekend though.

gingerbee

their blocks are very nice but I couldn't find out if they ship to Canada, If they do maybe later. I have already put my order into Dazmode for the heatkiller. which I am a fan of,I just wanted to see if anyone here had problems with the EK blocks cause I have heard mixed reviews.
Glad I asked lol

rjbarker

I just can't recommend EK products anymore. Every block I've owned had degraded so badly. Both the acrylic and nickel. I have 4 blocks ATM and they are all garbage.

How do you mean "de-graded" ....curious as I have likely 4 Blocks as well in my closet....and one in my current machine and have never had any issues......my current Block is Velocity "all Nickel" rgb ....this replaced an acetol / nickel velocity.....the others are all Supremacy....some acetol / nickel and some acetol / copper.....personally I have never liked the translucent acrylic....