What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

which GPU do you think is better?

Mr. Friendly

customer is looking at two MSI gaming notebooks...a GF65 and a GF75. everything about them is identical but for the size of the screen and the GPU.

The GF65 10SER-1223CA Thin has an RTX 2060 while the GF75 10UEK-003CA Thin has the RTX 3060 (75w variant).

I checked their respective manuals but neither have any comment on the GPU included, so I don't know if the 2060 is basic, Max-Q, etc. Passmark gives the 2060 'mobile' a higher score than the Max-Q, so I don't trust those scores.

the LCD is 144mhz, so I'd just like to make sure whatever the kid plays (he's 10 or 11) will do well. I think he's into minecraft, so ray tracing would be good.

any thoughts?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
thatd be the kicker if the 3060 was a max q itd be almost worse then the 2060 if it was a full fat gpu. max q are really really limited.

Soultribunal

Staff member
thatd be the kicker if the 3060 was a max q itd be almost worse then the 2060 if it was a full fat gpu. max q are really really limited.

There is no longer Max-P and Max-Q. Now they are TGP configurable which is why he listed 75W for the mobile.

Personally I would opt for the newer GPU even though its on the real low end of the power spectrum. Its still second Gen Raytracing etc, which will be better than the first gen 2060.

-ST

Mr. Friendly

There is no longer Max-P and Max-Q. Now they are TGP configurable which is why he listed 75W for the mobile.

Personally I would opt for the newer GPU even though its on the real low end of the power spectrum. Its still second Gen Raytracing etc, which will be better than the first gen 2060.

-ST
reading this article, there is still Max-Q, but that means it's using the technologies it stands for and is available to every variant. :p

Soultribunal

Staff member

clshades

I just can't bring myself to back MSI, especially with all the holes in their departments. I grabbed a used 1080ti from someone here, and it's not their fault, but the cooling was abysmal. Quality control with MSI is seriously lacking, flip a coin i guess.

Latest posts

Twitter