What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Which internet browser in 2021?

mGz

Firefox nightly. I tried many times to like Chrome but couldn't stick with it. Something about the UI just didn't apeal to me.

Prickly007

Still use Firefox. Chrome just doesn't offer the UI customizabilty that I'm use to.

Same here, plus Chrome for the odd site that doesn't work with my heavily customised, older version of Firefox.

I am slowly trying to migrate to Firefox Developer for banking, private torrent sites, etc.

Izerous

Folding Team
Up until this point I am using chrome on my pc and on my iphone. It's nice having things synced.

I see a lot of good things being said about edge, and it can sync to my phone as well. I also use a Microsoft account on my pc.

I tried to use nord vpn, but then it cause my accounts to be locked, such as my credit cards and amazon just from accessing them while the vpn was enabled.

I don't surf dangerously, just some forums, shopping sites, pc sites and financial things anyway.
If you watch the VinWiki stuff on one of his runs when he did the attempt to break the record his creditcard actually got flagged at a gas station because they didn't believe it was physically possible to go from one geo location to another in that time period. A VPN would trigger new geo zones and it make sense they would flag it.

Shadowmeph

for the last few years I haven't been able to keep any of the firefox web browsers open for more then a few hours I love that browser but I think it has a memory leak or something because ioI leave it open like i do Vivaldi( basically Chrome browser) or Opera my laptop starts to freeze up and I have to most of times do a hard reset it only happens with any Firefox we browsers and it sucks because the Nightlys where my fav could be one of the addons but I like the addons maybe today I will play around and trouble shoot turning them off until I find the culprit

On2wheels

Started using Edge as the default after my Windows reset only a few weeks ago, everything was going well until last night. I hadn't used the PC in a few days but it booted up normally and didn't give me any reason to think anything had changed. I'm already in the habit of checking windows update daily in case there's something needing a restart. An OS update was pending last night but I did not accept it. Started up Edge and all my favorites were gone from the favorite bar, and when I did try going to gmail or twitter all my credentials were lost, just like when a new browser is installed. :mad: Sounds like a first world problem but it's things like this that in a business can create huge delays and major frustrations.

Needless to say i already had the Chrome setup downloaded so it didn't take long to get that started and setup again.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Tor if im Acquiring more data for the Hoard. sure it may be slower but im ok with that as its all on the server remoted into. chrome is main but its all in ram atm.

Shadowmeph

I am still using Opera for my gmail accounts and youtube and on the rare occasion I go onto facebook all the spam I get is from the Netherlands so I know that the sites are actually tracking through the net but it can sometimes be a bit of a hassle when it changes from English and I have to change the web pages b ack to English if I use other browsers I get multiple ads and things from dating sites in North America

sf101

for torrenting on my Fileshare/server i use FF , the attachments just seem to work more consistently for what i'm doing although chrome has made some progress there.

For everything else i'm still basically using chrome , i have been using the new edge browser more and more though surprisingly.

Latest posts

Twitter