What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Which is the best keyboard to buy for gaming purpose?

geekguy

I am an enthusiast and a professional photographer and like to play the game in my free time. So, can anyone suggest me a keyboard that will be best for gaming and also long last? My budget for the keyboard is 2000 Indian rupees.

Babrbarossa

I haven't been keeping up on gaming keyboards lately but a couple of years ago I bought a razer blackwidow chroma keyboard and it drives me crazy with the clicky sound of the keyboard when I type. Before I bought it, I didn't realize that would be a concern for me but I wish I had shopped for one with quieter keys. People who just game like to have that sound to confirm that the key has been struck but if you're a typer as well, it can be pretty annoying. Something to consider if that might be an issue for you.

Easy to search for recommendations for quiet ones:

Lysrin

I did a quick conversion of Indian rupees to Canadian dollars via Google and got about $37 CAD. If the pricing is the same comparatively in India that makes your budget tight for anything in mechanical keyboards, gaming or otherwise.

I have had several and have been happy with my current Cooler Master (MasterKeys), and previously Logitech (G710+), and a custom mechanical one. But as I said those aren't going to be an option in your price range.

Hardware Canucks did a review on YouTube very recently (sorry can't link it at the moment) of I think it was a GSkill $50 USD mechanical keyboard that they thought was decent for the price. Has genuine Cherry MX Red key switches which is nice for the price. Reds aren't my preference, I like Browns, but that is subjective to the user.

In your price range you are likely looking at a membrane keyboard rather than mechanical. Nothing wrong with that. Perhaps something like this might be a good option depending on availability in your area and price:
Cooler Master Devastator 3 combo

Asking what is the "best" keyboard is like asking what is the "best" restaurant! ;) Lots of different opinions. But there are some OK options out there regardless of budget.

Twitter