What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

which one, and can i move it ?

Unklmo

:help: hey guys.
i'm starting to piece my pc together and i've got a couple of questions.
on the Antec 900, from the top I/O i have an "AC'97" connector and an "HD Audio" connector to choose from.if i'm understanding the manual right, i should be selecting the "HD" connector, as i want to use the front ports as well. right ?
which one do i choose?
also, as it's coming from the top, if i connect it to the "Front Audio Connector" as per the 680i manual says, the cable comes across the mobo (diagonally) almost taut. right across the pci-e slots and all.
now i see there's another serial connector on the bottom right side of the mobo that doesn't have any specific id to it. can i use that one instead ? or am i bound by the other one?

enaberif

You can either choose to use the old style AC'97 or the new standard HD Audio, which ever you choose Vista works better with HD Audio than AC'97 imho.

In regards to the wire if its super tight then don't plug it in and just buy some extension cables.

Unklmo

You can either choose to use the old style AC'97 or the new standard HD Audio, which ever you choose Vista works better with HD Audio than AC'97 imho.

In regards to the wire if its super tight then don't plug it in and just buy some extension cables.
i'm looking at some extension cables now for the AC'97. i haven't found any yet for the HD. i'm not running Vista.
thnx

enaberif

i'm looking at some extension cables now for the AC'97. i haven't found any yet for the HD. i'm not running Vista.
thnx

HD Audio is better to use all around as it will give you better options but if restrictions are tight you can always use the ac'97 extension cable..

may I ask where you found it?

Latest posts