What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Which option should I choose?

nToxik

I recommend the Sennheiser Game One open-back headset. I have used these for a number of years now. I find the mic to be excellent, the sound good and they are comfortable (nice foam ear cushions) to wear. I just plug these directly into the front ports on my case. I know they would even sound better and have more bass if I used them with a DAC/AMP.

I have also owned the Sennheiser Game Zero closed-back headset and I did not like it. The bass was muffled because it is closed back and the closed-back design along with the leatherette ear cushions caused my ears to get hot and sweat. They got uncomfortable after lengthy sessions. I will never use closed-back designed headsets again.

I have HyperX for games and ATH-M50x for music

Bond007

I recommend the Sennheiser Game One open-back headset. I have used these for a number of years now. I find the mic to be excellent, the sound good and they are comfortable (nice foam ear cushions) to wear. I just plug these directly into the front ports on my case. I know they would even sound better and have more bass if I used them with a DAC/AMP.

I have also owned the Sennheiser Game Zero closed-back headset and I did not like it. The bass was muffled because it is closed back and the closed-back design along with the leatherette ear cushions caused my ears to get hot and sweat. They got uncomfortable after lengthy sessions. I will never use closed-back designed headsets again.

Do they go on sale that cheap?

Lysrin

I don't think the Senns would go below $150, especially once you add taxes in. I have never seen any that low.

BookOfElie

If you were to use headphone purely for gaming, positional audio, soundstage etc, does virtual surround actually work or are you better off with a decent dac/amp and open back headphones?

Lysrin

IMO the latter. I have always found positional audio in headphones to sound like a gimmick to my ears. Two ears, two speakers makes more sense to me, and the soundscape from the good set of open headphones is great.

Latest posts

Twitter