What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Which RAM is best for these specifications??

JD

Staff member
G.SKILL TridentZ Neo is usually an easy choice for AMD as it was designed for it. I'd aim for DDR4-3200 at the minimum.

I'm running "cheap" Team T-Create Classic on my 3900X on an ASRock RACK motherboard, so not really any option for XMP or such. It works, but definitely not high performance by any means.

Bond007

128GB! Getting all of the ram. Do you care if 2 or 4 sticks? Tweaking/overclocking, or you want xmp plug and play? Lights?

Solace

Be warned 128gb for the IMC on zen 3 is a pain in the ass, some MFG may have stable timings/voltages set but the board MFG also needs to apply proper voltages to the IMC. I run 3600mhz crucial dimms, two sticks run 100% without any real hassle, 4 sticks at 128gb was a headache to get stable (might still not be 100%, too soon to tell but I think I got there)

In short buy whatever you want, I avoid Gskill in general due to quality control and bad Q/A releases on Zen 1. Corsair/Crucial/whatever else should be fine if its rated 128gb kit

JD

Staff member
That makes sense, I don't think you'd be able to run 4000MHz with 4 DIMMs on a 5950X. Even 3600MHz might be a challenge but much higher odds of it working.

Latest posts