What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Which sound card recommended

kav

I just finished ordering the parts for my new computer thanks in great part to the advice from this site but since I've placed my order I've been feeling the itch to add to the order. I've already changed the case and because the CPU heatsink is on backorder I'm considering something else.

One thing I did not look into was a sound card. The advice given to me was to see how I liked the onboard sound. But I'm wondering after ordering some decent components if I really should have stopped short on the sound card. Do you guys have any recommendations on a sound card with good sound and features that won't break the bank?

Robscix

The onboard may sound tolerable but onboards cannot compare with quality add-in soundcard. What is not break the bank? What is your budget?
If we know this we can recommend cards within your budget that will give you the best sound for the price.

ABXG

You should post your budget. ASUS makes a very good line of sound cards ranging from about $90 to $200. I personally love my Xonar D2X.

The Xonar DX is about $90 and would be an excellent choice in my opinion.

Cptn Vortex

The Xonar DX I have is working wonderfully. It is low profile, $90, and PCIe. The best part is it doesnt use a crummy Creative Labs software.....

Also the HT Omega Striker is another great card. It is best when used with its Optical digital output.

G

The Xonar DX I have is working wonderfully. It is low profile, $90, and PCIe. The best part is it doesnt use a crummy Creative Labs software.....

Also the HT Omega Striker is another great card. It is best when used with its Optical digital output.
+1 for the ASUS

I will never recommend another creative product after Daniel K.

OP: Are you going to be using it for Gaming or music?

Latest posts