What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Which video card to keep? 1080 GTX

IcEWoLF

I have ordered two cards today.
ZOTAC: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme, ZT-P10800B-10P, 8GB GDDR5X IceStorm Cooling, Metal Wraparound Carbon ExoArmor exterior, Dual-blade EKO Fan, Spectra Lighting, PowerBoost, FREEZE fan stop-Newegg.com
EVGA 1080 GTX FTW: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 08G-P4-6286-KR 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 Graphics Card - Newegg.com
So which one should I keep?

Its a hard decision, they are both priced the same since the FTW I ordered through EVGA directly and the Zotac came to be about $710 since I had a coupon from newegg.

Here are my thoughts:
EVGA = Better support, RMA, better looking card overall.
Zotac = Faster card, excellent temps, quiet fans, bad ass looking card.

I've read a review today (user google translator) Roundup: 5x GeForce GTX 1080 im Custom-Design im Test - Hardwareluxx
And it shows that the Zotac card just beats any cards on benchmarks out of factory clocks. Also surprisingly the card runs the coolest out of them all.

Here is a background of my situation, I bought an MSI 1080 GTX Gaming X, returned due to coil whine.
I bought the Gigabyte 1080 Gaming Xtreme returned because the stupid fan kept hitting the shroud after few days of use and coil whine as well.

Which one would you go with?

hero1

I would keep the EVGA card. I have had their stuff and they are exactly how you describe them on your post.

Lpfan4ever

Depends on if you're in Canada or not. I have actually had much better support from Zotac myself seeing as the card I had to ship them went to BC instead of California for EVGA. Hell they even worked with mr at the time to get my card upgraded from a GTX570 to a 580 by me covering the cost difference.

IcEWoLF

I am in the US, I am located in Nevada so Cali is just next to me. So I don't have to send my Zotac card to China if something is wrong with it? Basically id be able to rma my card if something goes wrong here in the us?

This is a hard choice, but of course if things do not work out with Zotac I could always sell it or return it to newegg... And then pick up the evga card.

Both cards have good looks, the evga card is full rbg and the backplate would match my system, where the Zotac card is not full rbg but it has a healthy choice of colors and the backplate is solid but the yellow on the backplate wouldn't really match my red and black system.

e93dave

If you're in cali, I'd go with EVGA. Better support and better resale value. EVGA is more desirable than Zotac. Plus you say it looks better and matches your other PC parts.

And I'm sure you can OC to same levels as Zotac's factory OC.

Latest posts