What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Which VPN do you recommend for Windows?

Hi Guys! I am considering getting a VPN for my computer (ability to use it on other devices would be an advantage). I have a license of FastestVPN and VPNUnlimited but they don't perform well for me. I was looking for suggestions and came across NordVPN, CyberGhost, PureVPN and some others. Have you guys tried any of those? Do you recommend them? Or are there any other VPNs that you recommend?

FreeKnight

I've been using NordVPN for a couple years with no issues. Cheap, works well and I haven't noticed any speed issues. I'm not sure how well it works for Netflix and region hopping, but I haven't looked into it so others might chime in.

Cannon Fodder

I'd say pretty much all the same things as FreeKnight said, except that I'm using PIA (Private Internet Access). If you poke around on the Linus Tech Tips site, you should be able to find an offer code to save a few bucks off their already low price.

FreeKnight

I'd say pretty much all the same things as FreeKnight said, except that I'm using PIA (Private Internet Access). If you poke around on the Linus Tech Tips site, you should be able to find an offer code to save a few bucks off their already low price.
That's something to keep in mind with any of the major VPNs, there's so many codes and promos available you shouldn't pay full price for any of them.

lowfat

Staff member
IMO PureVPN is terrible. Frequent disconnects, extremely slow reconnects. Got frustrated enough to stop using it about a year ago.

Shadowmeph

I just use opera web browser turn on its VPN for some sites I visit including gmail its funny because if I visit a site using opera the ads that pop up are for the area like for instance if I remember correctly on Face book I get " people you may know" and they are all located in the UK once it showed I think Pakistan area. but I use a different browser for places like these forums and my banking and regular email because I get security issue warning when r I use opera because the site thinks that I am in a different country even when I look up the lottery numbers I get warnings when using opera which is good for me to see

ZZLEE

look up Surfshark VPN its recommenced from some world travelers.

Edit: Look Up Nomadic Movement fore a coupon code,

Last edited:

Cannon Fodder

IMO PureVPN is terrible. Frequent disconnects, extremely slow reconnects. Got frustrated enough to stop using it about a year ago.
I never really thought about it much, until reading that post...... while using PIA for the past few years, I think it's disconnected on me MAYBE only once or twice. (y)