What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

White Widow Build

Shadowarez

Hi guys bud asked me to toss a quick build together so thought I'd post it been too long since iv done anything.

1. NXT H440 case
2. MSI Krait z170
3. 32Gb Corsair LPX 3000mhz
4. AMD RX 580 8Gb Red Devil
5. Samsung 970 Pro 512Gb M.2 (Os)
6. Crucial 500gb ssd (steam)
7. Intel 750 pcie ssd 400gb (cache)
8. Seagate Ironwolf 6TB (Bulk)
9. Evga 750watt G2 PSU
10. i7 7700k delidded repasted.

Replaced all stock fans as follows.
1. 3 intake are corsair Sp 120m red
2. Added 3 white led corsair 120 so up top
3. Replaced exhaust with a noctua redux 140mm
4. Replaced the stock fans on the hyper evo with 2 120m noctua redux

Attachments

Last edited:

MARSTG

Wait, no x299 ? Why not using the Intel 750 for OS duty and the 970 pro for steam duty and ditch the Crucial completely ? And what do you mean by using the 750 for cache? What kind of cache ? Wouldn't you be better served with a Ryzen 5 3600? Unless you already had the 7700k. I heard the Corsair LPX is the shittiest ram around, everyone wants to get rid of it. Unless you already had the parts, those are some debatable choices for CPU and RAM, Mobo is fine I guess.

Shadowarez

Yeah that's the next build won 2 960 pro 1tb m.2 drives so next buikd will be coing6along very soon.

As for the parts I know all these were handed to me in a bin basically case was semi new. I'd put together what I could with these.

The 750 is only caching 33gb with primocache to speed up the HDD. Iv had issues with pcie as boot device they tend to disappear. This was the config he'd wanted I instructed as you mars at a better config of the storage and told em he could get a better ssd for nearly nothing. But it's his rig. I'll wait till the questions flow in about why this isn't working. I'll inform him your way would have originally been far better.

And yeah them memory was what he had. I slueth all my parts from various members when there is a great price and eBay if it's mint. The next build will be insane if I get a better CPU.