What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

who here has a green thumb? what do you grow?

Soultribunal

Staff member
@JD - That is one Awesome Setup. One question, have you tried moving the Strawberries into the Tray planters vs those round ones? I always found they needed more room to really grow and produce.

-ST

lowfat

Staff member
@JD - That is one Awesome Setup. One question, have you tried moving the Strawberries into the Tray planters vs those round ones? I always found they needed more room to really grow and produce.

-ST
I can't seem to find any trays deeper than about 2.5". The roots on these plants are definitely longer that that. If / when these plants start producing runners, I'll probably cut them and transplant them and start growing them out. These plants are at least 3 years old, so they may not produce much more fruit. So I need to start some new plants soon. Starting from seeds takes like 2 years to produce fruit.

freeagent

We’ve got a couple bonsais, some jades, some others I don’t recall my mom gave them to us. And cannabis. Four plants in the machine, keeping it legal!

gingerbee

just a heads up for all the led growers out there the best high power are cree/vero/citizen led like the cree 3590,vero 29 gen 7 and citizen CLU 048
if you want to replace HPS lights this is the way to go and for mid-power, you want Samsung LM561C lights for anywho care there amazing at growing anything including weed.

I have built so many light setups I have lost count, be doing it for people for 5 years now. nothing against mars hydro but they really don't perform compared to real LEDs I had a friend's who had both and they really can't compete with Cree,Vero or citizen cob led's and the Samsung mid powers are amazing

a little sight that decent for both http://cobkits.com/

Soultribunal

Staff member
@JD - Try using the trays that you can mount on your Deck railing as they have lots of usable depth. As for the plants if you keep them well enough you can get berries for many more years. Though growing them via cut-off's or with runners is best. I do the same with my Mint as you want the leaves before the flowering starts for the maximum mint. And it is best off the runners.

@Mr. Friendly - The thread is on track. You asked about us green thumbs. Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer too. :)banana.

-ST

lowfat

Staff member
just a heads up for all the led growers out there the best high power are cree/vero/citizen led like the cree 3590,vero 29 gen 7 and citizen CLU 048
if you want to replace HPS lights this is the way to go and for mid-power, you want Samsung LM561C lights for anywho care there amazing at growing anything including weed.

I have built so many light setups I have lost count, be doing it for people for 5 years now. nothing against mars hydro but they really don't perform compared to real LEDs I had a friend's who had both and they really can't compete with Cree,Vero or citizen cob led's and the Samsung mid powers are amazing

a little sight that decent for both http://cobkits.com/
I agree but.... The light shown above cost about $15, PSU $40, ESP32 $15, and about $5 for mosfets. :p

gingerbee

yes, I get that but a vero setup is around the same price and when your growing food/weed it's about grams per watt on return and one vero would do the whole thing and only needs heatsink 15$ driver 20/30$ depends on what one you use and Vero 30$ right around the same price and I can speak about the return, it is way better plus that's running a Vero at 1/4 power. but if it's just a hobby I get it but if your goals are food/weed then the highpower/midpower quality led's are far superior. its really what are your goals. a 400/500 watt led of those cob's can replace a 1000 watt hps its this simple. this is from years of experience not from watching youtube videos of other people I have setup many gardens for both types of people the ones who are health nuts and want food using aquaponics or just the good old weed grower with his/her medical license

sswilson

Staff member
I've got a quick question... saw a LED grow light bank the other day that claimed to be 800W.... am I right in assuming that this reading would be based on non-led equivalent? IIRC it was something under 2.5A draw from a standard 120V wall socket plug....

Twitter