What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

who here has a green thumb? what do you grow?

Soultribunal

Staff member
@sswilson - That is usually the case where they are giving you what their equivalent in non-Led format would be. For grow lights its not always the intensity but the spectrum that is most important.

-ST

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I've got a quick question... saw a LED grow light bank the other day that claimed to be 800W.... am I right in assuming that this reading would be based on non-led equivalent? IIRC it was something under 2.5A draw from a standard 120V wall socket plug....
Yeah, I always assumed LED's were all this way of "Equal to incandescent at X watts".

gingerbee

yup, your right about the based on equivalent to other non led lights only problem with this is only the very high-end lights can you trust this rating most led light company basically lies about how powerful their lights are you really can even trust there par/ppf rating cause a lot of them have been caught copying and pasting other high-end lights par charts or they lie about distance/height from plants. this is why for so many years now people have been building there own led light setup from quality led parts from very reputable company's

for those who are really into hardcore advanced spectrums and high power for food/weed production these guys are banging that drum super hard

edit Ya that's a crazy light I just wish he would have used better cob led's cause the ones he is using are cheap Chinese cob's with a lumen per watt just over 100 I am pretty sure which most of high end cob's gives you way over 150 lumen per watt

Last edited:

danmitch1

Yep , the LED grow light market is quite misleading and dishonest. I agree with building your own cob system being the best way to be sure you get the best ,but buying a premade one is much faster and easier!

CHECK OUT THIS !

Latest posts

Twitter