What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

who here has a green thumb? what do you grow?

Supergrover

What add in Nuts are you using Dan?
I swear by Bud Candy for sugars ( promotes crystal production ) and Big Buds ( for greasy buds ) as my addins. I run Sensi grow and sensi Flower as my base nuts.
All from Advanced Nutrient's.

I have tried a few finish products but never saw a big difference, I use 3g fabric smart/air pots so flushing straight h2o works pretty good since the drainage.

danmitch1

Lp, if you live in quebec or ontario i wouldnt mind sending you a nugget
Mr friend, this batch actually started smelling well before flowering, not like burning it , its an amazing fragrance and almost smells like candy. Most use carbon filtered exhausts.

Super g,im a bit more frugal than you lol. First of all I use a semi premium premixed soil, promix bio veg and herb. For the first month i just water them with tap water that has been sitting out for a day, let the chlorine evaporate. After a month i start a light feeding of 20 20 20 every other watering. After flowering i spurge and feed foxfarm Tigerbloom every other watering.
I dont use any finishing feed, and dont flush, i just stop feeding 2weeks before harvest. Oh, and i only adjust the ph of my feed water for between 6 and 6.5. most of the nutes i use are acidic so i use PHdown by hydrofarm. I did experiment with citric acid for ph up, but haven't used that in a while. Another frugal move is I use jumbo fabric dollar store bags as my planters,

Last edited:

gingerbee

What add in Nuts are you using Dan?
I swear by Bud Candy for sugars ( promotes crystal production ) and Big Buds ( for greasy buds ) as my addins. I run Sensi grow and sensi Flower as my base nuts.
All from Advanced Nutrient's.

I have tried a few finish products but never saw a big difference, I use 3g fabric smart/air pots so flushing straight h2o works pretty good since the drainage.
Yup me too I love there 3 part basic for simple dirt growers and beginners is super easy and works great. I like most of the Advanced Nutrients line of products and their sensizym is amazing, very nice little setup there Danmitch1 looks like a kind like there one of the better built lights

Soultribunal

Staff member
Might have to pay you a visit Dan. And hope there is a local Pizza place nearby afterwards :)

It's funny, as a Moderator for 10 years here, I remember having to clamp down on even the subtle mentioning of Pot/growing ect. Now, we talk about it and swap stories on how to grow.
Strange days indeed.

-ST

danmitch1

Might have to pay you a visit Dan. And hope there is a local Pizza place nearby afterwards :)

It's funny, as a Moderator for 10 years here, I remember having to clamp down on even the subtle mentioning of Pot/growing ect. Now, we talk about it and swap stories on how to grow.
Strange days indeed.

-ST
Lol ,come on by.
I was actually very reluctant to post those pics and actually thought they would have been removed.. strange times, strange in a good way!!

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Lol ,come on by.
I was actually very reluctant to post those pics and actually thought they would have been removed.. strange times, strange in a good way!!
Given the current state of law, it's no different than if somebody wanted to post their beer/wine home brewing setup. Yeah, it feels weird to not need to moderate it, but that's where we're at these days.

Now... what happens if the US customs folks want to look through your phone and come across links to the HWC pages with weed images???? That's a different story completely.

danmitch1

True enough, or just ask if i ever consumed cannabis and i answer honestly ( as your supposed to)
5 year ban! just like that lol..

gingerbee

well if you must travel south then I just you should just politely omit that part lol very strange times we live in

anyone with an advanced flower garden or food production setup indoor/outdoors. really something I always wanted to do just don't have space

lowfat

Staff member
Spent the last 2 days working on my garden lights controller. Finally got it working as it should. Have tested all 3 mosfet channels and all are working. One for the top shelf, one for the bottom shelf, and then the other for the far red leds once they arrive. Have tested all three channels for the light / lux sensors and they all are working. The mosfet heatsink thermistor is working as does the fan. Tomorrow I'll install everything in place. Then over the next few days work on the dynamic adjustment of the lights depending on the light coming in through the window.

ESP32, 2 Mean Well SP-200-24 PSUs, 3 x genuine IRL540N mosfets for light channels, 2N7000 mosfets for mosfet fan + powering on the PSUs via 5V header, 3 x BH1750 ambient light sensors, and a cheap voltage regulator to drop voltage for the far red leds (as they run @ 2v), fan is a Sanyo Denki.

MVIMG_20191230_174731 (Normal).jpg

MVIMG_20191230_174508 (Normal).jpg

MVIMG_20191230_174456 (Normal).jpg

Latest posts

Twitter